Lise and PHP 7.3 / CMSMS 2.2.10

Have a question or a suggestion about a 3rd party addon module or plugin?
Let us know here.
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Re: Lise and PHP 7.3 / CMSMS 2.2.10

Post by calguy1000 »

A: The news module was created as a sample module. To demonstrate HOW to build modules in CMSMS. It has been replaced in CMSMS 2.3 with PressRoom (which is not compatible with News, but is a better example module).

B: Prestashop has 100+ employees and revenue of $10+M per year. they probably have the revenue to afford to have a few developers maintaining multiple modules. That is comparing apples to oranges.

The CMSMS Dev team CANNOT and WILL NOT undertake quality control of third party modules. and it cannot just take over modules that other developers have abandoned.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by DIGI3 »

Also, just to reiterate, LISE works in the current version of CMSMS. It has not released a version compatible with the beta yet, but a beta is not an officially released or supported version.
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options
Cyc
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by Cyc »

I don't think about only LISE, but LISE not was upgraded from 2017 year. About Presta Shop argument, they have big team and money because they implemented good business solutions, among others support for modules.

It's enough for you to do support for few modules:
- News
- Form
- Blog
- Gallery
- Front users
- LISE
- Comments

So evrything that's have WP. We have all CG modules why you don't wanna expand thats collection, I may pay for signed, suported and tested modules. I don't see reason why you don't wanna do that, modules it's ready now.
musicscore
Power Poster
Power Poster

[Solved] Lise and PHP 7.3 / CMSMS 2.2.10

Post by musicscore »

Guy's,

Sorry for asking this question in the first place which started this discussion. Everyone is free to select the cms that suits him best so please stop this dicussion over how cmsms should look like.

You all are correct.

CMSMS is (in my opinion) the most flexible cms on the market for developers and end-users. So I think it is the best solution for developers and end-users (I worked with WP en Joomla and omg. horribel for the end-user/customer). And yes, the extra modules are not as well mantained as the (commercial) modules from WP and other CMS. But the modules available for cmsms are developed and build by volunteers and let's thank them for making then available for us.
If that's a problem switch to another cms but please, respect the volunteers, respect the time they spend buiding the module(s) and do not push them.

What about jquery ? Wel, this give developers a lot of possibility's so do not call it crap. And yes, it can cause problems. Jquery can use cpu power on the end-device (let's say 5% extra). Not much you think but when a site is visit via a SBC environment (expl. Citrix XenApps) and on that server are 20 users than this is a problem. (20 x 5% is 100% / I'm a sysadmin at a big company and let me tell you jquery, java and flash can cause performance problems on servers esspecialy banners, scrolling text, etc). So use it with care.

Now stop this discusion and enyoy CMSMS and if CMSMS is not the cms for you, switch to another cms. Respect the work of all the volunteers.
Cyc
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by Cyc »

What? Who and where offends nonprofit creators? I have few suggestions and I wrote about CMS. English isn't my main language, maybe this is a problem. Why you do talking in this way: "If you dont like, this awasome CMS go to WP", Seriously? I am front end developer and I cant and wont doing modules. I wanna to have acces to good and suported, maybe pay, modules. That's all. If anyone feeled. If anyone feels offended, it was not my intention.

Return to “Modules/Add-Ons”