Recommendation for displaying Tweets?

Have a question or a suggestion about a 3rd party addon module or plugin?
Let us know here.
johnboyuk1
Forum Members
Forum Members

Recommendation for displaying Tweets?

Post by johnboyuk1 »

Hi all... I'm looking for advice/recommendations on how to display Tweets on a website I'm building in CMSMS.

I don't want to use Twitters own embed code - I need to be able to style the Tweets via CSS. What options do I have/how do you all do it?

I used to use a module called Tweet Made Simple in CMSMS version 1.x which used to work great - this isn't available with v2 though. I've also tried CGTweet and can't seem to get this to work - I get a blank screen when trying to 'Authorize via Twitter', this module also seems overkill for what I need as it installs a bunch over other dependant modules - I don't need to be able to send Tweets - just display them.

Would really appreciate some advice

Thanks!
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: Recommendation for displaying Tweets?

Post by DIGI3 »

There are free services which convert your Twitter feed to an RSS feed. You could use one of those, then either an rss module or a simple plugin to parse it.

There's probably lots of other ways, that's just one which came to mind.
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options
scooper
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: Recommendation for displaying Tweets?

Post by scooper »

We have a couple of 2.2 sites that are still using TweetMgr but in order to get it to work correctly we had to generate auth keys on the Twitter developer site and hard wire the credentials in.

Obviously that's not ideal but it's working for us - and it does suggest that TweetMgr (or something similar) could possibly be brought back to life.

You'll have to apply for a Twitter dev account though which can take a few weeks.

We did have a look around for other options but didn't find anything suitable - would be happy to hear if there is an easier option....

Return to “Modules/Add-Ons”