Page with multiple LISE lists + Blog + News all in one?

Have a question or a suggestion about a 3rd party addon module or plugin?
Let us know here.
rbaby
Forum Members
Forum Members

Page with multiple LISE lists + Blog + News all in one?

Post by rbaby »

I have a few different LISE lists and I'd like to create a page that displays all the entries of the LISE lists + CGBlog Articles + News Articles in date order and be able to specify (based on type) how it's displayed (some are videos, some are links, some are gallery images). I'd appreciate some guidance on the best way to do this.

Thank you for your time and assistance!
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: Page with multiple LISE lists + Blog + News all in one?

Post by DIGI3 »

If you want the sorting done server-side, you'll probably need to assign the alias, date, and module name of all of the entries to an array, sort the array by date, then output them all again with the appropriate module tags. Each module would need to have a summary template to do the assigning, then one more call to combine them all and sort. It could probably all be done with Smarty, or a UDT may be more practical.

If it's not overly complex on the user side, you could always just use javascript to sort them. There's various plugins out there which could work. The downside is you'd have to have everything output first, but with ajax/lazy loading you might be able to make it efficient for the visitor.
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options

Return to “Modules/Add-Ons”