CGcalendar question

Have a question or a suggestion about a 3rd party addon module or plugin?
Let us know here.
duivelken
Forum Members
Forum Members

CGcalendar question

Post by duivelken »

Hi,

I was wondering if it is possible to do the following with CGcalendar:

I want to make an entry in the calendar for a 2-hour workshop on a specific date.

I would like 5 people to be able to participate in this workshop.

Ideally, from within the workshop entry in the calendar, a link should appear with "participate" or smth like that.

Once clicked, the person can then fill in his/her name, email address, phone number and indicate with how many people they want to come.

(something like myreservations.nl but I would prefer not working with iframes and use the wonderful cmsms system :-))

The person receives a confirmation mail (ideally a template that can be adapted, so I can add payment info or ...), and from my side, I receive a confirmation the X number of persons will be participating in event Y on date Z.

The number of available places should decrease automatically and once all places have been occupied, it should remain visible in the calendar but with the notice "fully booked".

Is this something that can be done with CGcalendar or do I need to look for another module?

If I need to put this somewhere else, I would be more than willing to do so, but I am quite new to this forum, so please forgive my mistakes :-)

Also, English is not my native language, I explained it the best I could, I hope it's clear, otherwise please ask.

Kind regards, thank you for all your help.

Duivelken
velden
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: CGcalendar question

Post by velden »

I recently made a reservation system which does something like that.

I used the modules LISE and CGBetterForms to do that. And some custom UDT's (User Defined Tags).

It's for children's birthday parties. The dates and times are fixed in this case and so will be auto-generated (3 months in advance, on every request).

The reservations are saved into the database. On page request the generated dates are matched against reservations to check if there are slots available (max 4 per day). Further it checks for the type of party because some types are limited per day too.

After submission the owner will receive an email with details. They can check in the website backend (the LISE module) for reservations, add comments if needed, decline or accept.

The customer will then get a (manual sent) email or phone call by the owner to confirm.

CGBetterForms is used to create the reservation form and process stuff on submission.

It's not basic stuff by the way.

The front-end reservation form:
https://tinyurl.com/yavwnccr
duivelken
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: CGcalendar question

Post by duivelken »

Hi,

thank you for your reply.

Was hoping for something a bit easier :-) but glad to see there are possibilities.

Maybe I'll try your getting something like your setup up and running on another page and work with the iframe in the meantime (although I'm really not a fan of this).

Thank you once again for your time and help.

Return to “Modules/Add-Ons”