NewsletterMadeSimple gets stuck Topic is solved

Have a question or a suggestion about a 3rd party addon module or plugin?
Let us know here.
SolsWebdesign

NewsletterMadeSimple gets stuck

Post by SolsWebdesign »

Hello,

I'm on cmsms 2.2.7 and NMS 2.13.2 and the job gets stuck often. This time it got stuck on 48% and the status stays "In Progress".
Why does it get stuck and how can I prevent the getting stuck?
There is no button to get it to start again, only an option to abort/delete the job.
When I push the abort button it gives me the "reset" button but with a warning that "This action may result in repeated messages being sent to list members. use with caution" which indeed I do not want (people getting the mail twice).
How can I find out to which addresses the mailing has been send so that I can start a new job with only those addresses that did not get the mailing in the first place?
Is there some way to enable logging for this module? It would be nice if I could get it to work properly.
Thank you for helping :)
Isolde
kmesd62
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: NewsletterMadeSimple gets stuck

Post by kmesd62 »

I've similar had similar problems, discussed here that were associated with the background processing used to send the mails no longer behaving as expected.

The post has some hints from calguy on checks you can make.

For me the issue was as a result of the change of the background job processor from CGJobMgr which didn't require a cron job to CMSJobManager which did.

When i set the cron job up i got errors like '0 response when initiating asyncronous processing' in the admin log because my hosting provider didn't allow the 'loopback' that the cron job was generating.

The solution: I moved to a CMSMS-endorsed hosting provider. The upside is they seem more switched on to CMS-type issues, the downside is the cost (roughly double what i was paying previously, although arguably still good value overall).

If anyone reading this is able to set my original post linked above to 'solved', please feel free to do so. A cross reference to here would be useful or the ability for me to reply to the original post (now timed out for responses) that might help other users.

PS solswebdesign i think you'll need to provide the module listing from the site admin section for others to help you specifically.

Return to “Modules/Add-Ons”