CGBetterforms and HtmlDetectionValidation

Have a question or a suggestion about a 3rd party addon module or plugin?
Let us know here.
scotch33
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

CGBetterforms and HtmlDetectionValidation

Post by scotch33 »

I need to stop the HtmlDetectionValidation for a field in a form where a trusted user inputs YouTube embed code to show a video. The module (rightly) blocks html code by default, however, I need to switch it off on this form, either by field or whole form.

In the help, it says (on a few of the validators) "This test is added automatically when auto-validation is enabled." By that rationale, there must be a way to DISABLE it. However, in neither the form interface nor the parameters can I see how this can be done.

Can anyone advise on how I can disable either autovalidation on the whole form or (ideally) on specific textareas.

It's also somethign I want to do for a front end form with a WYSIWYG elsewhere (and am getting the same - 'clean out the html' issue)
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: CGBetterforms and HtmlDetectionValidation

Post by DIGI3 »

Can you add data-cgbf-novalidate to the field?

If that doesn't work, a somewhat complex workaround would be to convert the input to html entities (either on submit, or to a duplicated, hidden field) then convert back when reading from the db or however you're using it.
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options
scotch33
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: CGBetterforms and HtmlDetectionValidation

Post by scotch33 »

Yeah - I'd hoped that, but unfortunately CalGuy's set the module so that the 'remove html tags submission' validator ignores data-cgbf-novalidate.

The help section says: "Check for HTML in input submission (HtmlDetectionValidation) This validation ensures that a user has not any injected HTML code (including potentially malicious script tags) into any submitted fields. This test is added automatically when auto-validation is enabled. Note: This validator does not obey the data-cgbf-novalidate attribute."

The way that line I have italicised is written implies that autovalidation has the ability to be enabled/disabled - but there's no further documentation expanding on that.

I'll have a play with using a script to update to html-characters on submit.

Return to “Modules/Add-Ons”