Calguys Google Maps does not appear

Have a question or a suggestion about a 3rd party addon module or plugin?
Let us know here.
thomahawk
Power Poster
Power Poster

Calguys Google Maps does not appear

Post by thomahawk »

Hello

I installed Calguys Google Maps 2 (version 1.1.1) on CMSMS 2.2.7 and it seems not to be working. I put a new map, named it, made sure it is the default. But with or without defining longitude latitude in the modul settings, no map appears in frontend, only two dropdowns "from" and "to".

On the page I just put this tag:
{CGGoogleMaps2}

And the template of the page does includes jquery 3.3.1 min.

Looking at the source code of the displayed frontend page it only contains
<div id="cggm_map_1" style="height: 500px; width: 500px;">
</div>

where supposedly the map should be. Followed by 50 lines of Javascript.

Is that modul working? I only found a note from 2011 here in the forum telling it is not really working. And in cmsms admin - module manager search, it has a ! pointed to it.
thomahawk
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: Calguys Google Maps does not appear

Post by thomahawk »

Now I came along a post that mentions a Google API would be needed – nevertheless no such thing is mentioned in the step by step module help.

As always, Google services are only to be understood after months of studying them, then they change and the study begins again. So I have no clue what I am doing there but from a guide somehow an API key for a developer project I started was given out and I did set that key in the extension's preferences.

But still, no map does appear.

Is it necessary to activate a google cloud account with creditcard? Where I generated the API key, from a google guide page, it said I am good to go.

Any insights are appreciated! Thanks
Thom
thomahawk
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: Calguys Google Maps does not appear

Post by thomahawk »

OK, something is working now. As I had jQuery installed anyway, I did not use the {cms_jquery} tag. But trying around, I made a separate template without my usual jQuery and used just {cms_jquery} instead - voilà, a map came up. Now I will see if I can configure it right.

I hope this info at least helps others with the same problem.

Regards
Thom

Return to “Modules/Add-Ons”