Alternative WYSIWYG editor?

Have a question or a suggestion about a 3rd party addon module or plugin?
Let us know here.
brentnl
Power Poster
Power Poster

Alternative WYSIWYG editor?

Post by brentnl »

Hi,

When I make websites for costumers they sometimes complain about TinyMCE. Especially for blogs they often are struggling with the styling of text. And I understand their 'pain', sometimes I have to turn of the 'wysiwyg'view as well to delete some <span> or <h1>'s which occurred at the wrong spot, or doesn't want to be removed. Lists also can be a pain in the ass for non-html users.

Is there any foolproof-editor available for CMSMS? As far as I know TinyMCE and MicroTiny are the only two available.
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: Alternative WYSIWYG editor?

Post by DIGI3 »

I've tried half a dozen of the leading ones in different CMS's, and they all come with their issues, I doubt there's a 'perfect' solution.

I try to set up my templates so the end user has to do as little text formatting as possible. I definitely don't want them choosing fonts or colours, unless I give them a specific style to choose from. I haven't really had anyone have problems with lists or headings though.

CMSMS does allow for third-party editor modules, so you can either develop one or sponsor the development of one. You might even be able to crowdfund it if you find some other users interested.
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options

Return to “Modules/Add-Ons”