SVN and Formbuilder

Have a question or a suggestion about a 3rd party addon module or plugin?
Let us know here.
stonebridge
Forum Members
Forum Members

SVN and Formbuilder

Post by stonebridge »

Not sure if this the correct forum. My apologies if it is not.

First question, is what is SVN? How do I know if I am using it?

I have the Formbuilder module installed and I am about to begin upgrading to the last version allowed for the CMSMS version I am using (Pre version 2). There is an upgrade path from where I am at - version 0.8 - that says I should not upgrade if my version is going from 0.8.1.1 to 0.8.1.2 if my copy is an SVN copy.

If it is an SVN version, then how do I upgrade from 0.8 or can I?

Thanks!
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: SVN and Formbuilder

Post by DIGI3 »

If you don't know what SVN is, you most likely don't have that version.
(you would have had to manually download the project from SubVersion, not from the Forge or through Module Manager)
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options
stonebridge
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by stonebridge »

Ok, thanks so much.

One other question I forgot to ask: Does formbuilder create a directory in the root called "cp"? I am currently working on vulnerabilities issues and this directory doesnt appear to be part of the core for CMMMS 1.11.13.

For that matter, do any modules or extentions ever create directories?

Thanks again.
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by DIGI3 »

No, it doesn't.
stonebridge
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: SVN and Formbuilder [solved]

Post by stonebridge »

I am revisiting this because of the head racking problems I have had with the old host. So sorry for revisiting this, but I cant move forward with upgrading until everything is working properly.

I had to do a comlete re-install of 1.11.11 (San Cristobal) So, now the form builder is missing. However, I have a copy of everything. I just need to know what to do to get it back on the site along with the forms I had made up.

Can someone help? Where is this info to be found?

Thanks so much

[SOLVED]

Just copied the xml file and uploaded through the module manager
Last edited by stonebridge on Sat May 12, 2018 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by DIGI3 »

Probably want to do the following, in order:

1) Install the backup of the old site in a subfolder or separate hosting environment
2) Go to FormBuilder, and export each form as xml
3) Go to Module Manager, and make a note of the version of FormBuilder
4) Download that version from http://dev.cmsmadesimple.org/project/files/69
5) Make a backup of your new install, just in case
6) Install Formbuilder on your new install (the version you downloaded in step 4)
7) Import your forms into formbuilder
stonebridge
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by stonebridge »

Well, it looks like I might have spoken too soon.

Yes, I do have forms working, but I had custom forms that were formatted specifically for what I needed. They work, but are not formatted right.

I had an earlier version of the site that I have uploaded and sandboxed as a sub domain as you suggested. That site does have a properly formatted set of forms. However, the core version is 1.10.3 and the version I am on is 1.11.11. Also, the Formbuilder version is 0.7.1 and 0.8, respectively.

I tried to import the forms in XML from the earlier version to the later, but I get an error that the form being imported is not compatible.
Form import failed! There was a problem with the format of the XML file.
I am wondering if the issue is the earlier version of Formbuilder not being compatible as you alluded to in your instructions above? I thought of maybe upgrading the earlier version to 0.8 and then trying. but I am not sure how to upgrade, since that version is not available in module manager. From looking through the release notes, I can see that certain versions of Formbuilder have been upgraded for certain versions of the Core. Looking at the core update instructions, I see that I must update modules first. But I wonder if Formbuilder upgrades must be done in sequence? This seems to be the "sticky" part of the process.

The upgrade instructions state:
Your CMS version is now 1.1.4.1 (October 2007)
Upgrade all third party modules and plugin tags.
Download the files from the Forge and upload them to the corresponding folder at the server.
For modules start the upgrade procedure in the admin panel at Extensions >> Modules.
Upgrade CMS Made Simple to release 1.2.5
I realize that these instructions do not reflect my version, but I have often wondered whether or not I could keep from having to upgrade from one minor release to another. Does this mean I can immediately upgrade from 1.1.4.1 to 1.2.5 without upgrading all of the intermediate upgrades? Also, what is a "tag"?

Thank you for your help and patience thus far.
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by DIGI3 »

I'm not sure if the xml format changed between versions, or if it could just be a glitch with one particular disposition. It would take some trial and error to figure that out.

For upgrading, you don't have to do every point version, just the major ones as listed on https://docs.cmsmadesimple.org/upgrading/old-versions.

A tag is a Smarty tag, anything in {curly braces}. The instructions there are referring to any non-core tags you have have installed, either by downloading plugins or creating User Defined Tags.

Return to “Modules/Add-Ons”