ImageGallery 0.2.0.1 is out !

Have a question or a suggestion about a 3rd party addon module or plugin?
Let us know here.
ghostrifle
Forum Members
Forum Members

ImageGallery 0.2.0.1 is out !

Post by ghostrifle »

Hey !

I've released today 0.2.0.1 version of my ImageGallery module. You can see it in action here. The release package can be found here

The look of the gallery is up to you ! Everything is made with smarty templates with an admin backend. No need to edit files with an editor !!!

Features:

* album management including child albums
    * automatic thumbnail generation
    * fully themeable using smarty templates
    * intuitive user interface
    * adding images to an album via a server side directory

Roadmap:

*  per image navigation
    * OverLIB integration
    * module parameters for direct navigation via CMS content pages

Thanx, ghostrifle
Last edited by ghostrifle on Wed Apr 20, 2005 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Utter
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: ImageGallery 0.2 BETA is out !

Post by Utter »

Ghostrifle,

Thanx for the Gallery - I got it installed but cannot work out how to work with it. Creating a new gallery does nothing. Where are the gallery pages supposed to be held, in the Content section?

The help also mentions something about permissions but I've no idea how to sort them.  If I try to edit the template it just says 'no permission'

I'll go back now and do some more playing. If you can help me with this I'll do some work on customising templates and stuff.

TIA

Utter
ghostrifle
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by ghostrifle »

Hey!

I've released a few minutes ago 0.2 RC1 with some more features. I'll write some more documentation in the future.. but here's a few steps guide:

1) installing
2) update the permissions / give all permissions to the administrator (in the permission section of the CMS admin backend, group menu):

Code: Select all

mageGallery: adding and modifying albums:	
ImageGallery: adding and modifying images:	
ImageGallery: modifying templates:
3) now you have access to all options of ImageGallery, like editing templates etc.

You're done

The reason why you couldn't add an album was that you didn't set the permissions. There's not code everywhere to tell the user that he doesn't have all the rights he needs. (kick me for this!!!)
Utter
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by Utter »

Well - it's all jolly fantastic now - I thought permissions meant file permissiions since I hadn't even bothered to look at the User/Groups bit of cmsms yet (doh!) Still, I've set up an album and uploaded pics so thanks for the reply.

I still can't work out how to access the gallery from the front end though. I want to use the gallery to display images from each of my clients projects on a seperate page so I need a url link to add to the text. Can I use it that way?

All help (as usual) gratefully acknowledged!
ghostrifle
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by ghostrifle »

Hey ! Just released another new version with two small improvements. Had some time on university....

Well, you can do this at present just by using links.... I put this suggestion on my roadmap for ImageGallery, so in future you can do this via module parameters.
For including the module you have to put the following code in your content page:

{cms_module module="ImageGallery"}
Now go to the page you put in this code and view your image gallery. And don't forget to edit the templates ;)
Alex_Leipzig

Re: ImageGallery 0.2.0.1 is out !

Post by Alex_Leipzig »

I downloaded the module, but can't install. I only get that:
Warning: mkdir() failed (File exists) in /data/homewww/isuew/webdir/cms/modules/ImageGallery/ImageGallery.module.php on line 783
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: file_get_contents() in /data/homewww/isuew/webdir/cms/modules/ImageGallery/ImageGallery.module.php on line 794
Ideas, anybody?
ghostrifle
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by ghostrifle »

Seems like your running PHP version is too old. The file_get_contents function needs PHP 4 >= 4.3.0, PHP 5... and the warning for mkdir is there 'cause you tried to install the module 2 times ??

Check this url http://de2.php.net/manual/en/function.file-get-contents.php for more information about the missing function. There's also a compability pear package for earlier PHP version on this site.

Bye, Alex
Alex_Leipzig

Post by Alex_Leipzig »

I'm afraid you're right. I'm using Version 4.2.3. I'll see what I can do about it... Thanx

UPDATE: Your link to the PHP reference site was helpful. I just added this
if(!function_exists('file_get_contents')) {
   function file_get_contents($file) {
       $file = file($file);
       return !$file ? false : implode('', $file);
   }
}
to ImageGallery.module.php! And it seems to work!

UPDATE: I could install it, but what do I do with this:
Warning: Failed opening 'util.php' for inclusion (include_path='') in /data/homewww/isuew/webdir/cms/modules/ImageGallery/ImageGallery.module.php on line 21
Warning: Failed opening 'image.php' for inclusion (include_path='') in /data/homewww/isuew/webdir/cms/modules/ImageGallery/ImageGallery.module.php on line 22
Warning: Failed opening 'template.php' for inclusion (include_path='') in /data/homewww/isuew/webdir/cms/modules/ImageGallery/ImageGallery.module.php on line 23
Warning: Failed opening 'SmartyStringResource.php' for inclusion (include_path='') in /data/homewww/isuew/webdir/cms/modules/ImageGallery/ImageGallery.module.php on line 24
Warning: Failed opening 'SimpleFileMananager.php' for inclusion (include_path='') in /data/homewww/isuew/webdir/cms/modules/ImageGallery/ImageGallery.module.php on line 26
Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /data/homewww/isuew/webdir/cms/modules/ImageGallery/ImageGallery.module.php:20) in /data/homewww/isuew/webdir/cms/lib/classes/class.admintheme.inc.php on line 104
Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /data/homewww/isuew/webdir/cms/modules/ImageGallery/ImageGallery.module.php:20) in /data/homewww/isuew/webdir/cms/lib/classes/class.admintheme.inc.php on line 107
Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /data/homewww/isuew/webdir/cms/modules/ImageGallery/ImageGallery.module.php:20) in /data/homewww/isuew/webdir/cms/lib/classes/class.admintheme.inc.php on line 110
Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /data/homewww/isuew/webdir/cms/modules/ImageGallery/ImageGallery.module.php:20) in /data/homewww/isuew/webdir/cms/lib/classes/class.admintheme.inc.php on line 111
Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /data/homewww/isuew/webdir/cms/modules/ImageGallery/ImageGallery.module.php:20) in /data/homewww/isuew/webdir/cms/lib/classes/class.admintheme.inc.php on line 114
Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /data/homewww/isuew/webdir/cms/modules/ImageGallery/ImageGallery.module.php:20) in /data/homewww/isuew/webdir/cms/lib/classes/class.admintheme.inc.php on line 119
Fatal error: Undefined class name 'ig_album' in /data/homewww/isuew/webdir/cms/modules/ImageGallery/ImageGallery.module.php on line 222
Last edited by Alex_Leipzig on Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ghostrifle
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by ghostrifle »

Seems to me like your php is a little bit messy?? However.. look at your php.ini and look for a line called include_path or something similar. Check if there's a point in this include path, if not add it !

Example:

include_path = ".:/php/includes"
you see the point before the : ?? I think you don't have it in your php.ini but that's just a suggestion... check it out, maybe it helps.
In general, this point (current directory include path) is added by default, so this error is not my mistake.
t0ddlg

Post by t0ddlg »

Just got ImageGallery 0.2.0.1 up and running! Looks like it will be great (I'm redoing my site with CMSMS and will need to re-gallery-ize 1000 pictures or so...).

I do have two smallish feature requests that would make ImageGallery more versatile, and I looked at hacking them in myself, but the first one you'd be better able to do, and the second I'm clueless...

First is with regards to thumbnail size and preserving aspect ratio of the pics (not all of my pictures in each album are the same orientation)

This is the code to do that, but I got stumped in trying to add it in to imageutil.php (it fits somewhere between lines 41-73):

// Get new dimensions
list($width_orig, $height_orig) = getimagesize($filename);

if ($width && ($width_orig < $height_orig)) {
   $width = ($height / $height_orig) * $width_orig;
} else {
   $height = ($width / $width_orig) * $height_orig;
}
Second feature request is the ability to move forward with each image, a Next >> button on each image page.  Forgive my ignorance, but where does {$BACK_LINK}  get it's parameters? Is that a Smarty thing?

Thanks,

Todd

/not new to php, new to Smarty and CMSMadeSimple...
ghostrifle
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by ghostrifle »

I will add the image size ratio code later the day. The "next"-thingy too, I need it too but didn't had the time yet to implement it.

$BACK_LINK is a smarty-variable I set on my own, it simply gets the link to the previous-site.
t0ddlg

Post by t0ddlg »

cool.. thanks!
miketmc

Post by miketmc »

Hi,

I´m a newbie here.

Please is there anyone who can make an zip-file from the image-gallerie-install-files??? I´m a windows-user and want to install an Image-Gallery for CMS.

Thanks a lot!

-miketmc
plank

Post by plank »

miketmc wrote: Hi,

I´m a newbie here.

Please is there anyone who can make an zip-file from the image-gallerie-install-files??? I´m a windows-user and want to install an Image-Gallery for CMS.

Thanks a lot!

-miketmc
You can unpack bz2-archives with WinRAR. Not sure, but I think WinZIP can do it too.

Return to “Modules/Add-Ons”