Account user sign up module? (not end user)

Have a question or a suggestion about a 3rd party addon module or plugin?
Let us know here.
michaywood
Power Poster
Power Poster

Account user sign up module? (not end user)

Post by michaywood »

I'm wanting to setup a site where my admin login is the top level backend. And then have the ability for people to sign up (maybe pay) to have an account, where they can login and manage their settings that show up on their own .com/username page. So when they login to the site, it shows them a CMSMS admin page where I choose what modules they see and can manage (and would be different for each account).

Then looking for a way for an end-user (not logged in) could either go directly to someone's .com/username page or use a ZIP code search to find the closest account to their location. I imagine this would be a separate module

So the structure of:
Top level admin (site owner/editor)
Account admin (customer access/management)
User account (maybe logged in, but not logged in end-user for now accessing the information created by the Account admin)

Is there a module that can create separate admins like this and associated web pages? I'd love to use a LISE instance or something to create a custom module under each admin where they can input custom details (a list of options created by admin that end-user selects).

Thanks
Rolf
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: Account user sign up module? (not end user)

Post by Rolf »

A combination of SelfRegistration, FrontEndUsers and CGUserDirectory modules should do it.

But it is all in the frontend, much better in my opinion... I build it once but the site isnt online anymore. It was a "Facebook" kind of feature for a foundation website.
- + - + - + - + - + - + -
LATEST TUTORIAL AT CMS CAN BE SIMPLE:
Migrating Company Directory module to LISE
- + - + - + - + - + - + -
michaywood
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: Account user sign up module? (not end user)

Post by michaywood »

Thanks!

So SelfRegistration makes it so they can create their user account without admin intervention. CGUserDirectory is used for the zip code search/display option, and FrontEnd Users is the main module for managing the users. And with FEU, there is an option where I can add a module they can manage once they're signed into the site?

Return to “Modules/Add-Ons”