Upgrade FEUser - I think I've broken my site

Have a question or a suggestion about a 3rd party addon module or plugin?
Let us know here.
Charmie
Forum Members
Forum Members

Upgrade FEUser - I think I've broken my site

Post by Charmie »

Hi,

I really hope someone can help me.
I am a newbie and have been given a server to look after. It was running an old version of CMS Simple 1.9.4.2 and I upgraded to 1.12.1.
All seemed ok but when I tried to upgrade the Front End User module it fell over and I received the following message:
ALTER TABLE dkkcms_module_feusers_properties ADD FOREIGN KEY (title) REFERENCES dkkcms_module_feusers_propdefn (name) Cannot add or update a child row: a foreign key constraint fails (`karate_cms`.`#sql-343e_6993`, CONSTRAINT `#sql-343e_6993_ibfk_6` FOREIGN KEY (`title`) REFERENCES `dkkcms_module_feusers_propdefn` (`name`))

Now I have no idea what to do.
Has anyone seen this and are able to tell me where and how I can fix this?
As I am no longer able to get into my site I can't grab and more specific details about the set up.

Charmie
Charmie
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: Upgrade FEUser - I think I've broken my site

Post by Charmie »

Hi,

I managed to find an old copy of the site and get that back up and running, but now on the Admin screen it displays the following:

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /var/sites/c/christchurchnorthfinchley.co.uk/public_html/lib/html_entity_decode_utf8.php on line 38

Please someone help.
Thanks
Charmaigne
scooper
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: Upgrade FEUser - I think I've broken my site

Post by scooper »

The issue with the foreign key restraints when trying to upgrade FEU was present in older versions of the module. It's been fixed since but it may be that if you were upgrading using a version of FEU prior to 1.31.2 that may be your problem.

Bug log is http://dev.cmsmadesimple.org/bug/view/10934

It looks as if 1.31.3 was probably the last version of FEU that would run on version 1 of the CMS - give that a go.

The 'deprecated' notice will probably go away once you manage to update. You could probably just change your error reporting settings if you want to get rid of it - but you really should upgrade if you can.

Return to “Modules/Add-Ons”