CGCalendar FullCalendar no link to details page

Have a question or a suggestion about a 3rd party addon module or plugin?
Let us know here.
paulbaker
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

CGCalendar FullCalendar no link to details page

Post by paulbaker »

In "old" CGCalendar (CMSMS V1) you used to be able to structure the template with if statements so that if the event details field was blank (it often is on my sites), then no link to the full details page is shown (as there is nothing more to show than already appears on the full calendar page).

I have looked around (including the Site Admin > CGCalendar Settings page and also the "CGCalendar FullCalendar View Sample" template) but I cannot see how to do that anymore. It seems that the tight integration with the FullCalendar package does not allow such fine tuning.

The best I can do is turn off all links to details pages (I don't want to remove them all) by removing this from the "CGCalendar FullCalendar View Sample" template:

Code: Select all

eventClick: function(event, jsEvent, view) {
       // woot, we can go to a detail view.
       window.location = event.detail_url;
     }
Does anyone know how to achieve this?

Thanks 8)
To copy System Information to the forum:
https://docs.cmsmadesimple.org/troubles ... nformation

CMS Made Simple Geekmoots attended:
Nottingham, UK 2012 | Ghent, Belgium 2015 | Leicester, UK 2016
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Re: CGCalendar FullCalendar no link to details page

Post by calguy1000 »

In FullCalendar you would need to play with the eventRender callback to override the way that events are rendered if you wanted to vary the rendering based on what was in the event object.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.

Return to “Modules/Add-Ons”