{Solved} Google Maps + Property Listings

Have a question or a suggestion about a 3rd party addon module or plugin?
Let us know here.
dmagill
Forum Members
Forum Members

{Solved} Google Maps + Property Listings

Post by dmagill »

Afternoon everyone,

I inherited a site, I am going to swap out of a custom CMS and hopefully into CMSMS. The only stumbling block so far is a google type map with a list of property.

This is my example link for what I hope to do.
http://marceldegagnecarpentry.com/lots-for-sale

There is a module that manages this and allows them to post items as sold.
http://marceldegagnecarpentry.com/homes-for-sale

I am not looking at emulating the feature exactly, but some ideas on how to get as close as possible to it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

D
Last edited by dmagill on Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr.CSS

Re: Google Maps + Property Listings

Post by Dr.CSS »

Maybe something like company directory..?
JohnnyB
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by JohnnyB »

Another option would be to use a ListIt2 (listit extended) instance to manage this. This way, you can have a custom field, perhaps a checkbox, called, "Sold". When it is sold, check it off and in your display template you would use logic to show the 'Sold' image for each property assigned the sold checkbox option.

Using that or company directory will allow custom fields and company directory already has some map stuff built in. But, with Listit2 you can add custom fields for street address or Lat/Long and just send that to a Google map tag via the CGGoogleMaps2 module...
"The art of life lies in a constant readjustment to our surroundings." -Okakura Kakuzo

--
LinkedIn profile
--
I only speak/write in English so I may not translate well on International posts.
--
faglork

Post by faglork »

JohnnyB wrote: Using that or company directory will allow custom fields and company directory already has some map stuff built in. But, with Listit2 you can add custom fields for street address or Lat/Long and just send that to a Google map tag via the CGGoogleMaps2 module...
Did you actually do this? I mean, do you have a working installation where we can actually see this?

So far, I have been unable to find an installation where this actually works. All users who used this had to revert to CGGoogleMaps since it id not work with CGGoogleMaps2 ...

Cheers,
Alex
JohnnyB
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by JohnnyB »

Maybe it depends on the PHP version installed. I used CGGoogleMaps2 recently for a site running on a PHP 5.4.x server and it works well.

I haven't done this exact same thing using ListIt2 but I have done it using other modules using custom fields so the approach is the same. Is it the dynapoint plugin part that doesn't work? I haven't used that yet in the new version.

But the approach would be the same. Use custom fields to send lat and long to the dynapoint plugin of the module.
"The art of life lies in a constant readjustment to our surroundings." -Okakura Kakuzo

--
LinkedIn profile
--
I only speak/write in English so I may not translate well on International posts.
--
dmagill
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: {Solved} Google Maps + Property Listings

Post by dmagill »

Thank you for your awesome ideas guys. I got veto-ed. Not my project any longer.

Thank you again!

Return to “Modules/Add-Ons”