[SOLVED] Content Alias chokes on Menu switches

Have a question or a suggestion about a 3rd party addon module or plugin?
Let us know here.
dmagill
Forum Members
Forum Members

[SOLVED] Content Alias chokes on Menu switches

Post by dmagill »

Evening,

I was hoping for someone to confirm my findings. I am not certain I am just being dumb or I have actually found an issue.

I have a simple css driven mobile template. I am using Content Alias to pull the Home page content into the Mobile Home page. The main site has dozen of pages but the mobile only has three. I am trying to just call to those three pages.

if I use {menu} I have no issues. If I add a switch to it, {menu template="mobimenu" start_level="2"} I get an error.

If I add childrenof="Mobi", or start_element="19.1" I also get an error. I would prefer to use {menu template="mobimenu" start_element="19.1"}. I have tested my preference in a unrelated template and I have no errors. I have triple checked my spelling, but that does not always mean anything.

Fatal error: Call to undefined method ContentAlias::CreateNewContent() in /pathtosite/public_html/lib/classes/class.contentoperations.inc.php on line 173

I am using CMSMS 1.11.9
PHP 5.2.17 (the site is hosted at Arvixe)
All modules are up to date:
ContentAliases 0.7

This is the only issue I have found. Other then that the module does exactly what I want, and I am very happy for it. Any assistance or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you everyone!
Last edited by dmagill on Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jo Morg
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: Content Alias chokes on Menu switches

Post by Jo Morg »

There is a working, unreleased version, that should fix that issue. Backup your site before testing, just in case. You can find it in svn here: http://viewsvn.cmsmadesimple.org/listin ... entaliases in the trunk folder.
IIRC I haven't released it yet because I wanted to add a few things, but should be otherwise working.
HTH.
"There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary... and those who don't."
* by the way: English is NOT my native language (sorry for any mistakes...).
Code of Condut | CMSMS Docs | Help Support CMSMS
My developer Page on the Forge
GeekMoot 2015 in Ghent, Belgium: I was there!
GeekMoot 2016 in Leicester, UK: I was there!
DevMoot 2023 in Cynwyd, Wales: I was there!
dmagill
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by dmagill »

I will try it when I am back from exploring the office.

Thank you!
dmagill
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by dmagill »

So far so good.

Thanks again. I will be watching for future updates!

Return to “Modules/Add-Ons”