How to get Authorize.Net to send responses to Orders module

Have a question or a suggestion about a 3rd party addon module or plugin?
Let us know here.
polodesign
Forum Members
Forum Members

How to get Authorize.Net to send responses to Orders module

Post by polodesign »

Hi, I have a site with a simple ecommerce setup using Calguy's ecommerce suite and processing payments via Authorize.Net using Calguy's AuthNetSim module.

I have it all working as long as the buyer clicks the 'Return' button completing their payment and is returned to the website. At that point, the website is informed that the payment has been completed, and emails are sent to both the buyer and site owner. So far, so good.

The problem comes when the person doesn't click the 'Return' button. Then the transaction stays in Orders as 'Proposed', with money owing. The merchant receives an email from Auth.Net with the amount but no product info. There is also no information relayed to the website if payments are declined.

What I need to figure out is how to have Authorize.Net send a response to the website without relying on the purchaser to click the 'Return' button, and whether or not the payment is successful. This doesn't seem to be a standard feature of the AuthNetSim module. I've dug through Authorize.Net's guides and can find references to Relay Response and Silent Post URLs but I haven't been able to figure out how to successfully incorporate these into AuthNetSim.

Has anyone got a working CGEcommerce system using Authorize.Net who can help me solve this? Please let me know what other information you might need.

Regards,
Penny

----------------------------------------------
Cms Version: 1.11.9
Installed Modules:
CMSMailer: 5.2.2
FileManager: 1.4.3
MenuManager: 1.8.6
News: 2.14.1
Printing: 1.1.2
Search: 1.7.11
ThemeManager: 1.1.8
TinyMCE: 2.9.12
Gallery: 1.6.1
CGExtensions: 1.37.3
CGCalendar: 1.13.1
FormBuilder: 0.7.3
FormBrowser: 0.4.2
JQueryTools: 1.2.5
CGSimpleSmarty: 1.7
CompanyDirectory: 1.19.7
Captcha: 0.4.6
SiteMapMadeSimple: 1.2.7
MysqlDump: 1.2.4
ModuleManager: 1.5.5
CGBlog: 1.10.3
CGFeedback: 1.6.2
CGFeedMaker: 1.0.17
CGTiny: 1.2.3
CMSPrinting: 1.0.5
MicroTiny: 1.2.5
ListIt2: 1.4
GBFilePicker: 1.3.3
ListIt2HomeSlider: 1.4
ListIt2XDefs: 1.2
OwnersManual: 1.0.3
CGEcommerceBase: 1.4.3
CGPaymentGatewayBase: 1.2.2
FrontEndUsers: 1.22.1
Orders: 1.15.2
CGMyOrders: 1.2
Products: 2.20
Cart2: 1.0.7
AuthNetSim: 1.0.3
SameCountryTax: 1.1.1
warehouse_taxes: 1.2
guywilson

Re: How to get Authorize.Net to send responses to Orders mod

Post by guywilson »

Hello. I am having the same problem. Did you find a solution? Thanks. Guy
CMSmonkey
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: How to get Authorize.Net to send responses to Orders mod

Post by CMSmonkey »

I've had the same problem also and I would love to see a solution to this issue.

Technically, the relay response URL in your authorize.net admin panel should be set to the same page your {Orders} tag is on, so it would automatically return to the site and complete the transaction in the Orders module. My problem is that once this happens, the FEU is not considered logged in and I get the error "The user is not logged in (or not a member of the required group)". I have tried to make changes to the FEU settings as well as my PHP.INI sessions and still cannot get it to work unfortunately. It's a shame because this would be a great working e-commerce suite if I could get this to work. :-\

Return to “Modules/Add-Ons”