Shop in CMSMS

Have a question or a suggestion about a 3rd party addon module or plugin?
Let us know here.
thomahawk
Power Poster
Power Poster

Shop in CMSMS

Post by thomahawk »

I wanted to set up a simple shop (some categories, product list, detail view, images, cart, checkout for invoice only). I see this topic has been discussed some times in the forum, but I find none of the suggested modules really works.

I first tried shop made simple with cart made simple. But it needs FrontEndUser, and as soon as I install this, CMSMS does not work anymore. I only get "fatal error, line 41 CGextensions". All the necessary modules were installed, including CG extensions.

I have a here a completely fresh installation with all the actual versions of CMSMS and modules.

As I could not get this to work, I tried "Products" with all the necessary modules, but after I have it all installed and running, I see this does not even allow product images. Instead in the preferences it says in red letters "Image processing functions are deprecated and will be removed in a future version. Use CGSmartImage for inline image processing." I am not sure if this means it would allow for product images after installing CGSmartImage, but such a module seems not to exist.

Well, is there any nice shop solution available for CMSMS?
Rolf
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: Shop in CMSMS

Post by Rolf »

Duketown made a nice article on it a few years ago: http://wiki.cmsms.nl/index.php/ECommerce
- + - + - + - + - + - + -
LATEST TUTORIAL AT CMS CAN BE SIMPLE:
Migrating Company Directory module to LISE
- + - + - + - + - + - + -
polodesign
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by polodesign »

Thomahawk, you can add a field for an image in the Products module which will select an image from your computer and upload it. The reference to image processing refers to resizing the image during the upload process, which has been deprecated. This means that to conserve server space, images should be resized to the largest size you need prior to uploading. You can then use CGSmartImage to display images at whatever size you need in the product summary and detail. You can add as many 'select file' fields as you like if you need multiple images (they are accessed through the Fields tab when editing the product). You can also use the Gallery module if you want to display several views of a product. The Gallery module can be set to resize during uploading.

Hope that helps.
Penny
janvl
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by janvl »

Hi,

I have it installed and it is working except that multilingual is not yet functioning as it should.

I have made a new post just now.

The shop is extremely flexible but it also takes time to grasp the idea behind it and one needs to change loads of templates to make it fit one's needs.

Here is a start, written by Robert Campbell that made these modules
http://calguy1000.com/Blogs/8/60/cmsms- ... ow-to.html

Up till now I have 3 different sites where I use these modules,
adjusted to fit the needs.

Kind regards,
Jan
noosphere
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by noosphere »

Ecommerce with CMSMS is at the moment a pain in the hash.
Seriuosly...I'm waiting to have functional modules that work together since months (cart, promotions, shipping...).
Filling one bug report after the other... :(
thomahawk
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by thomahawk »

Right. As I described, I was not able to install the necessary modules successfully this time.

I am usually a huge advocate of CMSMS, but not when the shop is the important part of a website, I am not anymore.

I ended up using Opencart, (an other CMS specially for shops) and it was relatively easy to adapt a template to my needs.

Thom
janvl
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by janvl »

Hi,

the e-commerce solution is for simple shops.
If one wants a complete and extensive eshop then one should search the internet, for example prestashop, oscommerce, xtmod or opencart.

The solution in CMSMS is however extremely tweakable so one can use it for things that are not really webshops.

I have it running for 2 customers and it works, no bugs.
You need however all the latest modules and 1.11.7.

Kind regards,
Jan
Duketown

Post by Duketown »

janvl,

Sorry to read that you were not able to get Shop Made Simple up and running. You got errors with CGExtensions, so in one way or the other it seems to be there is the problem.
Have you got a shop selected/up and running or can I help in anyway?

Duketown
janvl
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by janvl »

Thanks for asking,

I have the CG ecommerce solution up and running and since I need a simple webshop I now make a complete Shop like that and back it up so I can copy it for those that want to sell those 5 products . . .

Kind regards,
Jan
thomahawk
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by thomahawk »

Hi Duketown

I did setup an Opencart website. I will not try again for this project, but maybe soon I will have a CMSMS website that needs a small shop and I will see if the bugs are fixed until then.

Thanks
Thom
janvl
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by janvl »

Hi Thom
CMSMS Shop

http://neu.karin-schmuck.net/index.php?page=mode-d
This is a working example, I have not yet put all email-templates in for the 3 languages but it is working.

kind regards,
Jan
Dr.CSS

Post by Dr.CSS »

Remember, if you use calguys modules the newer version need PHP 5.3.* at least...

Return to “Modules/Add-Ons”