prodcatalogue module zooming and cropping images

Have a question or a suggestion about a 3rd party addon module or plugin?
Let us know here.
veedubman

prodcatalogue module zooming and cropping images

Post by veedubman »

Hi - first post here for me and first time I've ever used a CMS system.

I've inherited a website that runs CMS Made Simple and more specifically, the previous web guru had set up the prodcatalogue module (2.0) to run a 'for sale' part of the site. You can login to the CMS back end, add a new product (name, price, category, description) and also upload an image. However, when the image is uploaded, it gets sized to 350x350 (main image) and 90x90 (thumbnail). The image is also centrally zoomed/cropped so you can no longer see the full image you originally uploaded.

I've had a hunt around and found a few places where I can change some values (e.g. dimensions in \modules\prodcatalogue\action.edititem.php) but it's the zoom/crop bit I need to stop happening. We need to be able to see the full image that was uploaded even if this means having white bars within the thumbnail.

Any ideas...please bear in mind I'm a .php/CMS novice coming from more of a CSS/XML/HTML background.

Thanks.
Dr.CSS

Re: prodcatalogue module zooming and cropping images

Post by Dr.CSS »

Sounds like you mean the Products module, you need to look in Products templates most likely...
velden
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by velden »

I've had a hunt around and found a few places where I can change some values (e.g. dimensions in \modules\prodcatalogue\action.edititem.php) but it's the zoom/crop bit I need to stop happening.
It should never be needed to edit those files. Please don't.

Almost everything in CMSMS is 'templatable' and most of the times that's where the magic happens. Those templates are most likely to be found in the admin area of cmsms. So like drCss said: find the module where those products are entered/managed and find the used template.
klenkes
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by klenkes »

I could be wrong but this sounds like a very very old module made with CTLModuleMaker Version 1.x.
Since veedubman won't be making an update to the module anyway, editing the modules file would be the best approach.

@veedubman:
In \modules\prodcatalogue\ is there a file named function.plresize.php?
If so... then it's an old CTLMM module.

I have no such old module in use so it will be a bit difficult to get a look at it. But I will try.
veedubman

Post by veedubman »

Yes, you're right. I do have a \modules\prodcatalogue\function.plresize.php

What's the etiquette in posting it so you can take a look?
klenkes
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by klenkes »

The correct way would be to load the module's DNA file into CTL-Modulemaker(V1.x) and modify the field with the image where it says: Do you want to crop the thumbnail, or the main file...

Modifiying the files of the created module is more complex and I have to admit that I am not sure where to change the crop value.

Do you have the DNA file of your module?
veedubman

Post by veedubman »

As I said, I'm a complete novice but I have found a prodcatalogue_auto_export.dna file if that's any use.
klenkes
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by klenkes »

veedubman wrote:I have found a prodcatalogue_auto_export.dna file if that's any use.
If it was in your module directory, that's the one!

Now either load it into CTLMM, if it is installed, and hit Next until you find your ITEM with the image, or rename the DNA file to prodcatalogue_auto_export.txt and post it here.
Then I will take a look at it.

BTW... is there a living website where I can see the image situation?

Either way, before you try to do anything, save your /modules/prodcatalogue/ directory to your harddrive and make a database backup of the site.
veedubman

Post by veedubman »

Hi - sorry I've been a while. prodcatalogue_auto_export.txt is attached (I hope).

I've also got cmsms running locally now, but I'm not having much success porting over the old db and cmsms code. Looks like there's a large difference in versions now (info below from old live server where I have the problem):

CMS Version

Installed Modules
CMSMailer
FileManager
MenuManager
ModuleManager
News
nuSOAP
Printing
Search
ThemeManager
TinyMCE
EventsListing
Gallery
prodcatalogue
Attachments

[The extension txt has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

klenkes
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by klenkes »

Yeah... Great!
My post has been removed. Again...
veedubman

Post by veedubman »

klenkes wrote:Yeah... Great!
My post has been removed. Again...
No idea why it would be removed...but thanks for the pm anyway (which I couldn't reply to as I've not posted enough in the forums!). Hope you see this anyway.

I'll give the solution a go next week and let you know how I got on.

Many thanks.

Return to “Modules/Add-Ons”