[Solved]Orders: Populate checkout form with FEU data

Have a question or a suggestion about a 3rd party addon module or plugin?
Let us know here.
micahgodbolt
Forum Members
Forum Members

[Solved]Orders: Populate checkout form with FEU data

Post by micahgodbolt »

I'm setting up a shopping cart with Orders, Cart, FEU and such.

I see that in the Orders module I can set the "Address Retrieval Method" to use "User Customer Profile".

Am I correct that this is referring to a FEU user?

If so, how do I create properties in FEU that will properly map to Orders checkout form?

I have tried using the obvious names like "billing_firstname", but no data gets populated into the Orders form.
Last edited by micahgodbolt on Mon May 13, 2013 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
micahgodbolt
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: Orders: Populate checkout form with FEU data

Post by micahgodbolt »

Has anyone seen any blog posts about how to do this? It'd be great if the user didn't have to enter in all of their FEU data into Orders each time they check out.
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Re: Orders: Populate checkout form with FEU data

Post by calguy1000 »

1. Set the address retrieval method to: "Use Customer Profile" on the "Address Handling" tab.
- press submit at the bottom.
2. On the "Preferences" tab set the "Require that all users that procede to the order stage be a member in this FEU Group" field to a valid FEU group.
- press submit at the bottom
3. On the "Address Handling" tab, a fieldset will appear at the bottom of the form:
"Address to FEU Property Map" where you can specify what FEU property maps
to what address field.

IIRC the selected FEU groups needs at least one 'optional' property, of type text field or some other field.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
micahgodbolt
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: [Solved]Orders: Populate checkout form with FEU data

Post by micahgodbolt »

Thanks Calguy! It looks like the thing I was missing was setting a required group and then going back to the Address Handling page to see the mapping fields at the bottom. A tooltip or error would be helpful if using "User Customer Profile" but not selecting a required group.

Also, it appears that you don't have to turn off anonymous checkouts to get those mapping fields to show up.
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by calguy1000 »

Ideally the system should detect if the user is logged in to FEU, and if so, use the mapping. but I honestly don't remember :)
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by calguy1000 »

Though to simplify things, you may just want to 'use the address from the last order'. That simply looks up the last order by the current FEU user account to pre-fill the form if it can.
Follow me on twitter
--------------------

Return to “Modules/Add-Ons”