[Solved]My Module Manager is not listing latest versions

Have a question or a suggestion about a 3rd party addon module or plugin?
Let us know here.
jasnick
Power Poster
Power Poster

[Solved]My Module Manager is not listing latest versions

Post by jasnick »

Have been upgrading sites to 1.11.4 from 1.10.3 with no issues at all until I came to a site with shopping cart , FEU etc etc.

Upgrade hangs at "Building static route database... "

I decided to update all modules before attempting the upgrade again. I upgraded all that were in the list includng FEU, Products, Cart and the others until there was only SelfReg left. When I tried to upgrade SR, it told me it couldn't find FEU version 1.2 which was needed.

However, my installed version of FEU is 1.18.1 and that is the version listed in Module Manager so I cannot find 1.2 in order to install it.

I went back to (my installed) Modules and found that Products is listed as needing upgrade , so is Cart, even though I had just completed an upgrade of them, but there are no more recent verison of these modules in my Module Manager.

So what am I to do? Is there something special about all these modules that need to be taken into consideration when upgrading?

Thanks
Last edited by jasnick on Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
manuel
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: My Module Manager is not listing latest versions

Post by manuel »

Dear Jasnick,

You could try to upgrade selfreg to 1.7 or older. (you should find the version right before FEU 1.21 is required).
You can manually choose a version by downloading the xml file from the forge. Install it by selecting the xml file in the "modules" page of cmsms.
so I cannot find 1.2 in order to install it
The newest versions of the modules will appear after you have upgraded cmsms itself. Because the latest versions of the modules are not compatible with the older cmsms, they are not shown in the module manager.

Greetings,
Manuel
Do you like your open source cms? Buy from the CMSMS partners || Donate
jasnick
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: My Module Manager is not listing latest versions

Post by jasnick »

Thank you Manuel - I forgot about downloading from the Forge - haven't had to do it for a while. Will do that tomorrow.

Thanks again for the help.
jasnick
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: [Solved]My Module Manager is not listing latest versions

Post by jasnick »

No matter what versions of SelfReg and FEU I uploaded from the Forge, nothing worked - I still hung on "Building static route database... "

So having read on this Forum about changing the name of the problem module, I did so and got through the upgrade with no more trouble. So then I uploaded the latest FEU and SelfReg from the Forge and now all is upgraded and working.
manuel
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by manuel »

Dear Jasnick,

Glad to hear you resolved the issue and thanks for posting how you got there! :D

Greentings,
Manuel
Do you like your open source cms? Buy from the CMSMS partners || Donate
jasnick
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by jasnick »

Thanks to you Manuel, reminding me about the xml versions in the Forge ;)

Return to “Modules/Add-Ons”