Form Builder: Save progress on multi page form?

Have a question or a suggestion about a 3rd party addon module or plugin?
Let us know here.
jomoweb
Forum Members
Forum Members

Form Builder: Save progress on multi page form?

Post by jomoweb »

I am curious to know if anyone has a trick to save the progress of a multi-page Form Builder form to Form Browser with the continue button.

I am making a large form that is bound to Front End Users. The idea is that if they cannot fill out the entire thing, or if they have a browser window crash, the progress would be saved for later.

It looks like the form browser entry is created when the user finishes the form with the final submit. I'd love it to have it save on every continue.

Currently I am running
CMS Made Simple™ 1.11.4 “Fernandina”
FormBrowser 0.4.2
FormBuilder 0.7.3
Stikki

Re: Form Builder: Save progress on multi page form?

Post by Stikki »

Hi,

Sorry but it ain't possible with current model.

And i am working new series of Form Builder currently, so we are only fixing major bugs, not implementing new features anymore.

Originally was planned that new FB would be out around now, but it will go to summer due development cycle delays.

Best Regards

-Stikki-
jomoweb
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by jomoweb »

Stikki,

Thank you for the information! I found a jquery plugin called garlic.js that I will use to save data locally. It isn't perfect, but it will minimize lost data if a browser crashes or person leaves.

1. Will users be able to upgrade to the from the old series to the new series of form builder?

2. I noticed there were some recent bug fixes posted to the SVN, but I cannot find formbuilder on the cmsms view svn link. Was it removed in lieu of the new series.
polodesign
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by polodesign »

+1

So glad to hear someone else is looking for this sort of function to save progress on completing a form prior to submitting. I'm just quoting on a project where that would be helpful. I hope that feature will make it into the next release. Jomoweb - thanks for the tip on garlic.js - I'll check it out.

Cheers,
Penny
Stikki

Post by Stikki »

To Jomoweb's question:

1. No, this won't be possible. This will be totally new type of form tool and therefor it's completely new project. I will be maintaining FormBuilder project for one year after initial release of new form tool. After that we will leave it as it is and it will vanish from forge eventually, when people have moved to use new model.

2. There are some fixes made into SVN, but since SVN is currently not inline with release version, i am not encouraging to use SVN version at all. I'll try to find some time at some point to launch bug fix version for major problems, but currently i ain't announcing any date.

-Stikki-

Return to “Modules/Add-Ons”