SimpleMachinesForum plugin

Have a question or a suggestion about a 3rd party addon module or plugin?
Let us know here.
ghostrifle
Forum Members
Forum Members

SimpleMachinesForum plugin

Post by ghostrifle »

Hey there again, I wrote a really simple plugin for including a SimpleMachinesForum into a CMS content page. It's nothing magical, it just got cooked with hot water steam. So there are no special ingredients or spices except a few lines of fresh PHP code for a special taste.

You can find the plugin at http://www.polyfrag.com/tmp/function.smf.zip. Consult the help page for more information on how to integrate it.
Maybe this plugin will turn into a module in the future with many more options.

Example:

Code: Select all

{smf smf_url="smf/index.php" width="100%" height="768"}

Bye, ghostrifle
MoonMind
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: SimpleMachinesForum plugin

Post by MoonMind »

I'm looking forward to using it - if I get this right, the plugin automates the integration in the site AND the menu, is that correct? That would be a nice advantage over doing it manually (the WYSIWYG editors don't handle ).
100rk

Post by 100rk »

ghostrifle wrote: ...I wrote a really simple plugin for including a SimpleMachinesForum into a CMS content page...
I recommend to You change Your plugin from

$result ='<__iframe src="'.$params['smf_url'].'" scrolling="yes" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" frameborder="0" height="'.$params['height'].'" width="'.$params['height'].'"></__iframe>';
to

$result ='<__iframe src="'.$params['smf_url'].'" scrolling="yes" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" frameborder="0" height="'.$params['height'].'" width="'.$params['height'].'"><a href="'.$params['smf_url'].'" target="_blank">SimpleMachinesForum</a></__iframe>';
You have to think about browsers with no support for and also about search robots.
:-)
MoonMind
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by MoonMind »

100rk: Good point. I can't remember stumbling over one of those in ages, though... (but I didn't try any text browsers on )

ghostrifle: Still, I'd suggest that you generalise your plugin: Make it an -plugin so that every other application can be presented within the (or a new window if need be). I think this should be too much of a problem ;)
ghostrifle
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by ghostrifle »

Yeah I will do it, but I'm still compiling GNOME on my linux machine.... I will do it when it's finished... and after drawing all these chibi figures.
Hm... are there really browsers out there which don't understand iframe-tags ?? They must be rather old.... old text-based ones... anyway....
Krol

Post by Krol »

isn't it possible to include a forum or board just like we can do with singapore and it's external.php?
100rk

Post by 100rk »

Krol wrote: isn't it possible to include a forum or board just like we can do with singapore and it's external.php?
Yes, but it takes some time, You know... :-)))
I was thinking about it also - but I like other BB (www.usebb.net), which is still in beta phase without admin section - better for adopting then complex applications like SimpleMachines forum.
ghostrifle wrote: .. are there really browsers out there which don't understand iframe-tags ??...
Just search terms 'problem iframe' by Google :-)
I mean: no everyone average user uses newest version of his browser.

But first of all is the 'search robots' question - most of users wants to have their forums indexed. I wrote my first post here because I was handle similar situation about 2 months ago.
MoonMind
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by MoonMind »

100rk: Okay, I agree (did what you said). Is there another solution you know and can think of?

ghostrifle: thx, for my part - should be usable around here, anyway, so any enhancement is welcomed ;)

Return to “Modules/Add-Ons”