Proposed Products module update - co-sponsors required

Have a question or a suggestion about a 3rd party addon module or plugin?
Let us know here.
Utter
Forum Members
Forum Members

Proposed Products module update - co-sponsors required

Post by Utter »

Hi everyone,

I'm just finishing building a bookshop using the Products module. Everything is more or less perfect but there's one element that would really make the system better for me - and probably other users too... Multi-select lists as field definitions.

For instance, many of the books in the shop have won prizes, often more than one, but since field definitions currently only support single select or single text fields I can't place a book in more than one prize category. I really need multi-select lists.

If anyone else would like to sponsor this (or other useful upgrades to Products) please sign up here or contact me by email at uttergenius AT gmail DOT com.

Calguy1000 (the module maintainer) estimates an all-round cost of about $500 to complete the following;

1) The above-mentioned multi-selects in field defs.
2) Pagination for backend product lists
3) News-style URLs that would allow you to specify a unique url for the detail view of any product.

Obviously the more people who co-sponsor, the cheaper it gets. Who's in?
tyman00
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: Proposed Products module update - co-sponsors required

Post by tyman00 »

I'm going to bump this post. I've committed to sponsoring part of these upgrades and would like to see it go through.

I know I have seen multiple requests for a few of these features, it would be nice for some of those that have made the requests to step forward and help out! :)
If all else fails, use a bigger hammer.
M@rtijn wrote: This is a community. This means that we work together and have the same goal (a beautiful CMS), not that we try to put people down and make their (voluntary) job as difficult as can be.

Return to “Modules/Add-Ons”