FEU Enhancements

Have a question or a suggestion about a 3rd party addon module or plugin?
Let us know here.
tyman00
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: FEU Enhancements

Post by tyman00 »

dmaireroa wrote:
calguy1000 wrote:
Why on earth do we have to go through this process of doing this without even knowing first? I'm becoming hot headed here
That's fine, I'll let you cool down for a few days. Maybe that will help.
Um...so whats your point?? Its been 3-4days Fuck what do you think?
Yeah, that will get you the help you need. ::)
If all else fails, use a bigger hammer.
M@rtijn wrote: This is a community. This means that we work together and have the same goal (a beautiful CMS), not that we try to put people down and make their (voluntary) job as difficult as can be.
tyman00
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by tyman00 »

JiiPee wrote:After deleting users and groups, I got to delete also user properties. So thats fine now.

Still I can not figure out this filtering problem. Here is image of it, does that look normal since I am missing some settings or what? How can I get those properties show up?

I seem to be running into the same issue with some of the filtering. I'll see if I can find a rhyme or reason and submit a bug report.

In regards to your "Approval" process with SelfReg. I create a "pending" group in FEU and all SelfReg users are placed in that account. Then my clients go in and view the members of the Pending group. They then add them to the proper groups to give them access to the site or delete the account if they don't think they need access to the site.

To get back on track, thanks for the nice enhancement calguy and thanks to unique3 for helping shine a light on the situation. This will be very helpful in the future and will reduce development time for me!
M@rtijn wrote: This is a community. This means that we work together and have the same goal (a beautiful CMS), not that we try to put people down and make their (voluntary) job as difficult as can be.
JiiPee
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by JiiPee »

Thanks for help, I will follow this topic for the filtering issue.

Also thanks for the advice of SelfReg, that sound logical enough. :)
tyman00
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by tyman00 »

Rumor has it the filtering issue has been corrected and will be in the next release.
uniqu3

Post by uniqu3 »

dmaireroa wrote:
calguy1000 wrote:Yes you can delete properties... under the proper conditions. This has been reported, tested, and discussed at least a few times.
I even searched for all those other threads and did exactly as required but it's still not updating when I tried to turn the group off?? > Groups > Field Status > Off. But mind is saying "No properties were selected for this group"?? Why when I'm trying to turn it off?

Why on earth do we have to go through this process of doing this without even knowing first? I'm becoming hot headed here, but believe I'm not the only who have gone through the same process.

Why can't we find tutorials on this forum where we are able to understand e.g. 1+1 = 2??
And you think with attitude like this you will get help?
dmaireroa wrote: Why can't we find tutorials on this forum where we are able to understand e.g. 1+1 = 2??
Maybe because of discussion just like yours. Many cry and whine for Step by Step guide, PM'ing, Mailing other People expecting them to Help for peanuts and air and not being able to simply say "Hey Thank you for a System, Module, Forum Topic or whatever!" but them self earning Money with client work.

So exactly that kind of people then again cries for a Step by Step guide on another Project but didn't bother to update the other Topic with provided "step by step guide" or simply login to WIKI and add a how to and so on.

Sorry to other topic participants for me going off topic but dmaireroa's kind of "talk" gets me in rage.
JiiPee
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by JiiPee »

This is probably wishful thinking only, but is there any easy way to get users with their properties listed in the website, public side? Like listing of companies that are registrated members.

I tried playing with those smarty functions, but with no luck so far.
uniqu3

Post by uniqu3 »

JiiPee, you can list User wiith CGUserDirectory
JiiPee
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by JiiPee »

Thanks! I have been using CMSMS for tens of sites already but have not been using modules much at all. I definitely need to take time to check what all there is available.

I got users listed like this, but still I can not get any user properties show up in that list or in the admin user manager. I'm still a bit unsure if this is because of some setting is wrong or possible bug that was reported earlier?

I created all the properties with "Force values of this property... yes" and "Store this data... yes"

(Something in my styling also, in IE those properties align nicely side by side, but in FF they are descending strangely. I would like to have them more like a listing and place properties side by side.)
mcDavid
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by mcDavid »

about the styling: it has something to do with the pre-wrap, this puts a line-break after each div that's not ignored like normally.

About the properties:
You have created some userproperties, created a frontenduser-group, attached properties to this group, and placed users in this group?

You can only list the properties attached to the groups that a user is in.
kendo451

Post by kendo451 »

Tutorials coming soon...

In the meantime, and even afterwards, publicly venting your anger at the guy who created this very useful module for FREE, doesn't encourage him to help you.

Just sayin' ....
JiiPee
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by JiiPee »

I think I have done everything like mentioned here. Well I need to investigate further.

Return to “Modules/Add-Ons”