Calendar 0.3

Have a question or a suggestion about a 3rd party addon module or plugin?
Let us know here.
MoonMind
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: Calendar 0.3

Post by MoonMind »

thx for the tip - will try that asap.
jah
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by jah »

A small question about styling:

In the lists both to and from date are included by default. In most cases I would not care about the to- date. I found that it is possible to sett to-date=from date to suppress the to-date in the lists.

For the user this is not so easy to remember. It would be better to suppress this by applying appropriate tags:

When I look at the resulting HTML I see this:

Code: Select all

<div class='calendar-date-from'><span class='calendar-date-title'>Date: </span>10/mar/2005 08:30 to 10/mar/2005 12:30</div>
Could it be split in a 'calendar-date-from' and a 'calendar-date-to' ?
MoonMind
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by MoonMind »

I also have some issues with the presentation in general (i.e. section headers, languages [see Krols post above - nice shot there] etc.) - I'll dig into the source, maybe I'll find a solution. A possibility to chose more about the way it's presented in the form itself would be really helpful. But then it might get to complicated - especially if you try to add every single possibility that might even come to mind (that's not possible anyway). In this case, I'd stick to the more usable setup any time - not everyone will want to adapt every tiny bit (and the maximum is hardly ever the optimum). And well... as always: If you want something to look and feel exactly the way you imagine, you'll have to work on it yourself - and that's a Good Thing (I'll try to remember before I post a feature request next time ;)).
Akrabat

Post by Akrabat »

jah wrote: A small question about styling:

In the lists both to and from date are included by default. In most cases I would not care about the to- date. I found that it is possible to sett to-date=from date to suppress the to-date in the lists.

For the user this is not so easy to remember.
You should be able to leave the to-date blank and it should just show the from date. if it doesn't that's a bug that I need to fix.

My wife is ill with tonsillitis at the moment. Hopefully I'll be able to work on Calendar sometime over the weekend.
audrey

Post by audrey »

help!!  i installed the calendar module, but i can't get it to show up on pages with the literal tags: {literal}{cms_module module="Calendar"}{/literal}.  any suggestions??
-A
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ted »

Yes, don't use literal tags around smarty tags.  :)

{literal}Here is some escaped stuff{/literal}{cms_module module='Calendar'}{literal}More escaped stuff{/literal}

The purpose of the literal tags is to make smarty ignore the { and } that are between them.
jacebenson

Post by jacebenson »

is this better than the Kalendar Module(seems like no one is working on fixing it's bugs)
Akrabat

Post by Akrabat »

jacebenson wrote: is this better than the Kalendar Module(seems like no one is working on fixing it's bugs)
No idea.

Certainly, Calendar 0.6.1 doesn't have the multi-lingual ease of use that Kalendar is supposed to have.  As I understand it, Kalendar was created to address this defficiency in Calendar.

I am currently slowly working on v0.7 which will hopefully be more language friendly and also introduce templates for each major display page. Currently I've only done one of the 4 display pages, so it'll be a little while before I'll be in a position to post it though.

Return to “Modules/Add-Ons”