Sortable Projects page

Have a question or a suggestion about a 3rd party addon module or plugin?
Let us know here.
beherenow_uk
Forum Members
Forum Members

Sortable Projects page

Post by beherenow_uk »

Hi all,

I want to recreate the functionality on this page: http://www.qs-csa.co.uk/subpage.cfm?pageName=projects
By having a drop down for categories of projects as well as a dropdown for selecting the individual project.

Firstly, is this possible using cmsms? And if so what module would i use to achieve this functionality?

Many thanks,

Karl.
beherenow_uk
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: Sortable Projects page

Post by beherenow_uk »

Anyone able to help? thanks.
jmcgin51
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by jmcgin51 »

maybe the Products module? I realize what you're doing not ecommerce, but Products allows categories/subcategories/hierarchies, so perhaps it could be adapted for your purpose.

CompanyDirectory seems the obvious choice, but I'm not sure it will do exactly what you're looking for.

You could also use one of the "module maker" modules to make your own custom module to see if you can come up with a better solution.
Ricko97
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by Ricko97 »

Catalogue-like Module Maker is probably your best bet. Using that will allow you to create a module to suit the exact kind of data or info you need to display. Note that you might want to use the old version rather than 2.0.X, because the newer one, although better, is only a beta and doesn't fully support hierarchical behaviour + pretty URLs (if I remember correctly).

However, in order to get it to behave like the page you linked to, you'll most likely need to do a bit of AJAX or conventional forms to filter and fetch the projects. Fortunately CTLModuleMaker has a custom query feature, which might make that job easier. I'd suggest combining it with jQuery to make a little AJAX-powered template.

Return to “Modules/Add-Ons”