Langops

Have a question or a suggestion about a 3rd party addon module or plugin?
Let us know here.
seensite
Forum Members
Forum Members

Langops

Post by seensite »

Hello,

Might be useless... or not. I have some websites on which I could test this module:
It's a mod based off the AdvancedContent module that I put some work into and NaN has done a great job at bringing up.  You can find it here.. http://dev.cmsmadesimple.org/projects/langops
File are no(longer) there (http://dev.cmsmadesimple.org/projects/langops), is it possible to find them elsewhere ?
Any one that is interested in helping would be welcomed and will speed it up, just contact me.. But I'll try to get it out as soon as I can (few weeks may-be?) thou not promises that it'll be your perfect replacement.  Hopefully with the right input back we can get you guys something good to use.
If one tester more can help, please let me know...

With best regards
The universe of information technology is constantly growing and contains only emerging products built on successive patches
RonnyK
Support Guru
Support Guru

Re: Langops

Post by RonnyK »

This module has NOT been released yet. JeremyBass is working on it currently.

Ronny
seensite
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by seensite »

Thanks for the answer,

I was just offering some deployment/testings - could have help before release.
The universe of information technology is constantly growing and contains only emerging products built on successive patches
cyberman

Post by cyberman »

Like Jeremy said in MLE separation thread
But I'll try to get it out as soon as I can (few weeks may-be?)
seensite
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by seensite »

seensite wrote: I was just offering some deployment/testings - could have help before release.
NaN

Post by NaN »

You can checkout SVN to test it.
However I'm trying to start a cooperation with Jeremy.
Maybe we can use module dependecies so that AdvancedContent (and maybe even any other module) and LangOps can work together.
seensite
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by seensite »

NaN wrote: You can checkout SVN to test it.
However I'm trying to start a cooperation with Jeremy.
Maybe we can use module dependecies so that AdvancedContent (and maybe even any other module) and LangOps can work together.
Thank you NaN!

'Completely forgotten SVN checkout...

I'm trying it - looks brilliant, Bravo to... Jeremy Bass (NaN)! It seems to be Just what was missing to multilanguage made simple.
moonoo
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by moonoo »

Hey seensite,

How stable is Langops right now? Have you tried it in combination with Advanced Content? i.e Langops and Advanced content as content types on the same template?
seensite
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by seensite »

Hi moonoo,

It seems that LangOps is not stable enough to be released, or there would be files in the forge.

I tried the svn files to see the way it will work and determine if it could be a replacement solution for MLE - better said it could bring CMSMS the multiligual ability. It seems very promisingly it'll do it, I am in expectation...
Mieszko
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by Mieszko »

Hello alltogether,

I'ld like to ask JeremyBass if it's worth waiting for LangOps.
I have an old MLE site which of course can't be updated to new CMSms. So I'm wondering what to do.

Thanks for answer.
JeremyBASS

Post by JeremyBASS »

well :D it's done-ish but there are two things holding it up one is time to fix the last issue, and two is the last issue which is setting the frontend lang for the modules.. Other than that it's done so 4-ish hours left IIRC. Sorry for the delays, trying to live and pay bills.

I'll get back to this as soon as the hooks are in the core or I have a workaround which I need the time to do.

Cheers -Jeremy
uniqu3

Post by uniqu3 »

@mieszko
Kuzmany has released a MLE module that could help you for now and we can let Jeremy to finish hes solution without rushing :)

So you can convert your ML install with this
http://dev.cmsmadesimple.org/projects/mleconvert
And this to get it running as ML version again
http://dev.cmsmadesimple.org/projects/mlecms
Mieszko
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by Mieszko »

@Jeremy
sorry if I sounded impatient. Wasn't intended. Just was curious to know if it'll be going on.. I have no problem with waiting.

@unique3
Yes, I've noticed that. That's what made me insecure if two applications of the same type would be continued.
I tried mleconverter ... didn't work for me.
And still I'm not sure if kuzmani's solution is the right one for a site with >50 pages in 3 languages. Still thinking about changing the CMS (would feel sorry if so).
JeremyBASS

Post by JeremyBASS »

:D @Mieszko no your fine.. really .. I want to have it out. just trying to make ends meet and trying to get time to finish.. it's close.. and I'll make sure it's sooner than later. just not today is all.. Cheers Jeremy
seensite
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by seensite »

Hi Jeremy & NaN,

I was wondering if there where some news about LangOps, if the project is still alive?

Best regards!

Return to “Modules/Add-Ons”