[solved] Getting a Flash-video to work? (maybe Play-module?)

Have a question or a suggestion about a 3rd party addon module or plugin?
Let us know here.
zerynthia

[solved] Getting a Flash-video to work? (maybe Play-module?)

Post by zerynthia »

Hello,

I'm sorry if this topic is "old", but I have searched for days now for an answer, but still the problem remains. Could someone please explain to me what I need to play a Flash-video on my CMS website? I have tried many variations on how to add the video, but at best I got a black box with the play-button, but the player still didn't work.

At the moment (my best guess on how to get it to work) I have tried using the Play-module; I have uploaded the required .flv file, and set it up in the "multimedia player"-section of the Play-module. And also added the {Play record="1"} to the webpage in question. Nothing. The page displays as there would be no player or video at all.
Although I have tried reading the available info on the Play-module, I just don't understand what to fill in the Parameters-section ???. If I need to add such.

Is there maybe something obvious that I am missing? I would very much appreciate help with this issue!  :D

CMS 1.7.1
Play 1.0.3

I tried to do "checkversion.php", but my I only get "403 Forbidden" tough I give all permissions (777) to the file   :-[
Last edited by zerynthia on Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zerynthia

Re: Getting a Flash-video to work? (maybe Play-module?)

Post by zerynthia »

Is there someone who can help me, please?  :-[
bDoc
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by bDoc »

Have you tried using the jwplayer from longtailvideo.com? It's not integrated into CMSMS (to my knowledge) but it is a good player to use because it has lots of options and a code wizard. So all you would have to do is plugin your video and copy and paste the generated code in your page.
zerynthia

Post by zerynthia »

Thank you for your answer bDoc!  :)  I am building the website for a fried who provides carpenter services (and advertises his services on this site), and this to my knowledge, makes the website commercial. So unfortunately I cannot use the free version of the jwplayer, and the commercial license 59€ is too expensive.  :-[
zerynthia

Post by zerynthia »

OK, thought I'd try to get this somewhere with the FLVPlayer. But it needs CGExtensions module installed. And for some reason, I can't install it. When I try installing through the Module Manager, I only end up with a blank page of the Modules-page (the page doesn't show any installed modules). And when I try uploading the XML I get the error: Error parsing XML file. Please make sure you are uploading a .xml file and not a .tar.gz or zip file. (And I have checked that the file is indeed a .xml file)

Earlier someone had a similar problem, which was solved by changing the rights on MODULES-folder to 777. Tried it, but did not help. Also the PHP 5.3. has coused problems, but my version is 5.2.5

Here is the System Information provided in Site Admin:

Code: Select all

----------------------------------------------

Cms Version: [b]1.7.1[/b]

Installed Modules:
CMSMailer: [b]2.0[/b]
FileManager: [b]1.0.2[/b]
MenuManager: [b]1.6.3[/b]
ModuleManager: [b]1.3.3[/b]
News: [b]2.10.5[/b]
nuSOAP: [b]1.0.1[/b]
Printing: [b]1.0.4[/b]
Search: [b]1.6.3[/b]
ThemeManager: [b]1.1.1[/b]
TinyMCE: [b]2.7.0[/b]
Play: [b]1.0.3[/b]

Config Information:
php_memory_limit: [b][/b] 
process_whole_template: [b]false[/b] 
max_upload_size: [b]2000000[/b] 
default_upload_permission: [b]664[/b] 
assume_mod_rewrite: [b]false[/b] 
page_extension: [b][/b] 
internal_pretty_urls: [b]false[/b] 
use_hierarchy: [b]true[/b] 

Php Information:
phpversion: [b]5.2.5[/b] 
md5_function: [b]On[/b] (True) 
gd_version: [b]2[/b] 
tempnam_function: [b]On[/b] (True) 
magic_quotes_runtime: [b]Off[/b] (False) 
E_STRICT: [b]0[/b] 
memory_limit: [b]16M[/b] 
max_execution_time: [b]30[/b] 
safe_mode: [b]Off[/b] (False) 
session_save_path: [b]/var/tmp[/b] (1777) 
session_use_cookies: [b]On[/b] (True) 

Server Information:
Server Api: [b]apache2handler[/b] 
Server Db Type: [b]MySQL (mysql)[/b] 
Server Db Version: [b]4.1.25[/b] 

----------------------------------------------

I see also some failure-points in the system Information -listing (just found this place today  :-[). But I don't know what they mean, or what I can do about them.  :-\  Maybe one of these fellas is causing the problem?

root_path:
/usr/home/kirinki/public_html/pystyhirsi/cmsmadesimple (0755)    (FAILURE)

Test for remote URL (test_remote_url):
fsockopen: Connection ok! 
fopen: When allow url fopen is disabled you will not be able to accessing URL object like file using the ftp or http protocol.  (FAILURE)

Oh, this is really nervracking when don't understand :'(
zerynthia

Re: [solved] Getting a Flash-video to work? (maybe Play-module?)

Post by zerynthia »

Well, at last I managed to get some sort of solution to my problem. Not with any module though. I used the help of the "Free Video to Flash Converter" which provided me with the necessary files and code. Then I just uploaded the files to the cms root folder, and copy-pasted the code with the html-editor. Not pretty, but it will do. :(

Return to “Modules/Add-Ons”