Best module for an e mailable shopping cart

Have a question or a suggestion about a 3rd party addon module or plugin?
Let us know here.
scottietom
Forum Members
Forum Members

Best module for an e mailable shopping cart

Post by scottietom »

Hi There people,

Just wondering what people's view are on creating a simple shopping cart which email's the shopping cart to the site admin rather than using a payment facility. Thanks.
jpatti
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: Best module for an e mailable shopping cart

Post by jpatti »

I've built simple shopping carts like this in the past, where the info just went to the person who runs the credit card.

This is the problem... you can't just send an email with someone's credit card info across the internet, it's not secure.  You have to take all the form variables and encrypt the email on the server before you send it, which means you have to install the key to decrypt it on the admin's email program. 

IMO, it's the type of thing where the customer has to be local so you can actually sit at their desktop and test. 

Anyways, I've no idea what module might be useful wrt CMSMS for this, just putting out there what you need to do.
Dr.CSS

Post by Dr.CSS »

Sounds like the best idea would be to have visitor fill out form of contact me info and email that to someone that can contact the visitor for further order fulfillment...
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by calguy1000 »

You can tie my Products/Cart stuff into Formbuilder at least.  I have done this once or twice,  so that the user order information (don't send credit card information in plain text emails) is sent via email to an administrator.

Additionally, Formbuilder/FormBrowser supports encrypted fields. So you should be able to (I haven't tried this yet).  Have the user do the checkout using the Products/Cart stuff, have the "Formbuilder" module ask for credit card info (make sure you are using SSL).  And then in the email that is sent to the administrator, provide a link to view the order information as stored in the database, including credit card information.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.

Return to “Modules/Add-Ons”