Destination Based Shipping - shipping not calculated properly

Have a question or a suggestion about a 3rd party addon module or plugin?
Let us know here.
kurashiki_ben
Forum Members
Forum Members

Destination Based Shipping - shipping not calculated properly

Post by kurashiki_ben »

CMS Version 1.6.5
CGExtensions 1.17.6
Orders 1.6.12
DestinationBasedShipping 1.1
FrontEndUsers 1.6.11
SelfRegistration 1.2.5

Hi,

I am having an issue with DBS and orders.
It seems that there is an issue calculating shipping in some cases including:
- first orders when Address Retrieval Method in Orders is set to "Use the address from the last order".
- going from the Confirm Order page back to the Payment Form and modifying the shipping country.

1)- first orders when Address Retrieval Method in Orders is set to "Use the address from the last order".
In this case, there is no address set up for a first order (as orders is set to use address from last order and as it is the first order, there isn't one),
So, shipping charge comes out as 0.

2) Going from the Confirm Order page back to the Payment Form and modifying the shipping country.
In this case, the shipping charge is calculated based on the original country, not the new one.

It looks like there is no recalculation of the shipping charges based on updates to the destination address.

To get round this I have had to set up SelfRegistration so customers have to input their address.
Then set the Address Retrieval Method in Orders is set to "Use customer profile".
Finally, hide the shipping address section in all of the templates (so that the billing address is always used).

This is a limitation in that the SelfRegistration form becomes a bit messy with lots of fields. (No easy way to change layout).
I prefer to ask customer for only email address and password.
It also means that customers can not ship to an alternative address without changing the billing address. (Not a major issue at present).

I wonder if it is related to issues I had with orders and address retrieval method:
http://forum.cmsmadesimple.org/index.ph ... #msg190081
or just limited to DBS.

Can anyone replicate this?

Best regards
Ben
kurashiki_ben
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: Destination Based Shipping - shipping not calculated properly

Post by kurashiki_ben »

Posted in the bug tracker in the forge:
http://dev.cmsmadesimple.org/bug/view/4576

You can test it here on a clean install of cms and modules:
http://www.magochikyu.jp/dev/cmsmsclean ... msms-works

1) add fairtarde shoes product to basket
2) click on order
3) go to register and use any fake email / password
4) input your details and choose a country (UK, France, Belgium, Japan)
5) go to confirmation page (next)
6) for a first order it will incorrectly show 0
7) if you go back from the confirmation page to the billing page and then forward again, it will probably show the correct charge.

For a subsequent order from the same customer it will calculate the charge based on the previous address country even if you change the country on check out for the second order.

Anybody replicate? 
Translator
Translator

Re: Destination Based Shipping - shipping not calculated properly

Post by 10010110 »

Ah, I see. I have experienced the same problem with the shipping cost being one step behind, so to speak. Good to know where this is coming from. Not using the “last order” address retreival method should be a temporary solution for me as potential customers will probably not buy frequently. But it is an issue that needs to be adressed as soon as possible. Unfortunately I’m not much of help in this situation, sorry.  :-[

Edit: Hmm, OK, apparently not setting any retreival method doesn’t solve the problem either. And to add to this: if I click on the “edit” or “back” link on the address confirmation page it brings me to the admin interface (or the login screen if I’m not an admin). There is definitely something wrong. Help!  ???
Last edited by 10010110 on Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Modules/Add-Ons”