jquery's Gallerific [solved]

Have a question or a suggestion about a 3rd party addon module or plugin?
Let us know here.
newagekat
Forum Members
Forum Members

jquery's Gallerific [solved]

Post by newagekat »

Hello:

I'm trying to add the jQuery Galleriffic module to my cmsms v1.6.6.  I have the thumbnails showing, but noticed that when one is clicked, i'm taken back to the home page instead of loading the image in the designated div.  the url of the images are http://mydomain/#0 where #0 changes depending on the image.

I've read calguy1000's blog on AJAX and fancybox and news, I'm not sure if I understand how to apply his explanation to galleriffic.  I also found a couple of results in the forum, but they were in Spanish.  My problems is that i'm not sure how to modify the code to have it work correctly.  I've implemented this is static sites and it works fine.  Has anyone tried this?  I would hate to create external static pages for this.

Any help is much appreciated.

PS: i currently have my site down for maintenance.  if you think you can help, please PM your IP.  thanks.
Last edited by newagekat on Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr.CSS

Re: jquery's Gallerific

Post by Dr.CSS »

I've used it and noticed the same thing so I created a copy of my template w/o the <base href tag in it and it works fine...

http://multiintech.com/galleries/gallerific.html
newagekat
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by newagekat »

Thank you.  that took care of one problem.

I'm noticing that the thumbs list is completely over taking the content div for the large image. did you encounter this as well?  should i simply remove the noscript for the ul.thumb?

thanks so much for responding.  i'm going bald from scratching my head.

btw, you can keep the metadata tag in your template, just add showbase='false' to it and i did have to adjust pretty url in config to not display parent.

oh and the url, if you want to see what I mean is http://femtechmedia.com/portfolio/shopping-carts-gallery.php
Last edited by newagekat on Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
newagekat
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by newagekat »

got it working.  thank you.
Dr.CSS

Post by Dr.CSS »

Right about the showbase thing, the link says down for upgrading...
patak
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by patak »

Hi Dr.CSS and newagekat,
how do you achieve to proper showing other things on the page if base is missing. I have main menu with images and other images in the page (placing by WYSIWYG) and when the base tag is missing it doesnt shows these images.
Last edited by patak on Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Modules/Add-Ons”