Newbe to CMSMS Ecommerce

Have a question or a suggestion about a 3rd party addon module or plugin?
Let us know here.
folco3
Forum Members
Forum Members

Newbe to CMSMS Ecommerce

Post by folco3 »

Hey, I'm interested in adding an ecommerce piece to a CMSMS site. Looks like there are several cart and catalog modules to choose from. Has anyone who has done this before have any recommendations? I've kind of learned from past module downloads that some work better than others, some are in process of being built etc. I would rather not wade through each and figure out what is the best if any. Or is it better to take my cart/catalog out of CMSMS to something that's been around a while? Thanks
Duketown

Re: Newbe to CMSMS Ecommerce

Post by Duketown »

folco3,

Maybe you can state what the goal is of the shop that you want to include in CMSMS. Is it for large volumes? Is it a requirement to handle a large range of payment methods? Do you sell variations of the same product (like sizes per product)? Is specific VAT calculation in place? Multi currency? Multi language? A large range of shipping methods? Gifts? Voucher handling? Discounts? and on and on and ...

Duketown
folco3
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: Newbe to CMSMS Ecommerce

Post by folco3 »

Good question. Actually I'm contractor so I would probably want that answered for a couple scenarios to judge the best option for various clients. Maybe just a "small, medium, and large"

1. Small, 4-15 products, product categories, standard ecom (calculate tax, shipping us only, credit cart gateway), no multi lang support.

2. Medium, 20-50 products, every thing in #1, maybe 1- 5 product images per product support for different angles etc. multi lang ability.

3. Large, 50+ products, everything in #1 and #2.

Return to “Modules/Add-Ons”