Form Browser gives strange error

Have a question or a suggestion about a 3rd party addon module or plugin?
Let us know here.
cubitus
Forum Members
Forum Members

Form Browser gives strange error

Post by cubitus »

Hello,
I did yesterday upgrade my csmsm modules to their latest version :

FormBrowser  0.3b2
FormBuilder  0.6b2

And now I get the folllowing error in the back end of FormBrowser when I try to display the form browser associated to an already existing form builder (it exist before the last upgarde)

Code: Select all

Error! Either the form has no form_builder disposition, or it failed to instantiate (due to memory issues?)
Fatal error: Call to a member function GetOption() on a non-object in /home/.../public_html/modules/FormBuilder/FormBuilder.module.php on line 397
Not sure it is related to memory as the System Information page indicate 64M for PHP Effective Memory Limit.

Does anyone as any idea what's append. I did not found any post on this forum related to that error.

Thanks in advance for any help or response you can provide.
nidus
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: Form Browser gives strange error

Post by nidus »

I have the same problem with no solution
ecovert

Post by ecovert »

I had this problem as well... after upgrading your FormBuilder and FormBrowser modules, you need to examine the dispositions attached to your form. IN THEORY you should make sure you have a disposition added to "Store Results for FormBrowser v.0.3"... that SHOULD solve your issue.

HOWEVER... after doing this myself, I am now getting a string of xml parsing errors, followed by the following:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'String could not be parsed as XML' in /path/to/my/site/modules/FormBuilder/FormBuilder.module.php:330
Stack trace:
#0 /path/to/my/site/modules/FormBuilder/FormBuilder.module.php(330): SimpleXMLElement->__construct('ParseResponseXML('GetSortedResponses('6', 0, '10', false, false, Array, 'd F y', Array)
#3 /path/to/my/site/modules/FormBrowser/action.admin_browse.php(14): fbrBrowser->BrowserShowList('m1_', '', Object(FormBrowser), Array, 'admin_list_fiel...', true)
#4 /path/to/my/site/lib/classes/class.module.inc.php(1536): include('/path/.to/...')
#5 /path/to/my/site/lib/classes/class.module.inc.php(1573): CMSModule->DoAction('admin_ in /path/to/my/site/modules/FormBuilder/FormBuilder.module.php on line 330

Does this happen for anyone else?
sjg
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by sjg »

There is a newly fixed bug where the XNML parsing would crash if a field value had an ampersand "&" in it. That bug has been fixed in svn, and will be in the upcoming release.
Many modules available from the http://dev.cmsmadesimple.org
The CMS Made Simple Developer Cookbook is now available from Packt Publishers!
nidus
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by nidus »

After upgrading to the latest version 0.3, I'm getting the following error:

Call to a member function GetOption() on a non-object in /.../modules/FormBuilder/FormBuilder.module.php on line 397
Trangsene
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by Trangsene »

Hello,

I have exactly the same error after updating.

Is there a way to correct this problem ?
JeremyBASS

Post by JeremyBASS »

I can also concur that the issue still is there.  It's just that the values need escaping thou (sjg correct me if I'm wrong) this is not a Form Browser issue as much as it's a Form builder issue.  For the time being you can correct/prevent the issue be doing some validation for characters like "&" ... you can fix the error now by going in to the db under cms_module_fb_formbrowser and editing the response by adding

most likely in the just above ]

The fastest way to find it if you have a bunch is to use the search in phpmyadmin with the phrase fragment like so "% the fragment %"

This should set you right till the fit.  HTH
Cheers
-Jeremy

EDIT --- I may have had the erroneous entry before I updated so the issue may have been corrected... Now for others just updating will not fix the issue, so I'd do the fix I suggested above and then test that the update has corrected the issue by filling out the form with the fields containing &
Last edited by JeremyBASS on Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ecovert

Post by ecovert »

so... anyone out there have at least an elementary knowledge of regex to post the expression that should be used for validation? One of the areas of my knowledge where I am distinctly lacking, and have no time atm to spend learning it (I know, I know... I will).

Also, does anyone know if you can use the built in validation to perform replacements? Probably showing my ignorance here, but ideally, I would like to validate all text-type inputs in my form to find all '&' and instead of returning an error, replace the '&' with 'and'. This would allow the user to have a seamless experience while still not crashing the formbrowser.

If that is not possible and the validation can only determine if the string contains the matching character, that's fine, but I still think it would be useful to the many people who have read this thread to see the simple regex that needs to be used.

Here's an alternative idea, unfortunately one I also don't know how to implement... we could attach javascript to the fields that performed the same replacement as I indicated above...

Sorry... just ideas from me this time... no specific solutions :(
stijlXpres
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by stijlXpres »

I am experiencing the same problem, although I don't use formbrowser, but get the error when I want to confirm the mail sent to me by Formbuilder.

Is there a solution to fix this?

Return to “Modules/Add-Ons”