bulletmenu and others in custom plugins

Have a question or a suggestion about a 3rd party addon module or plugin?
Let us know here.
jptechnical
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by jptechnical »

What would it take to put the bulletmenu and the variations into the custom plugin table and make it editable from the admin? How about the same for new plugins that are single file based?

my problem:

I use the bullet menu for occaision but I needed one with different styles for a right hand nav.

my solution

I made a duplicate bulletmenu.php file called bulletmenu2.php and did a find and replace bulletmenu - bulletmenu2. Now I have the css I need for the second bulletmenu in my css sheet attached to the templtes (I love that!).

I tried to copy and paste the content from the php file into a custom plugin but I kept getting the invalid code error (I have worked with PHP for years but have no aptitude for code... only the most basic of basic troubleshooting and modifications). The pro for this is obvious that you can hop in and comment out a line or make a quick change in much less time that it takes to change the file and ftp it up. What are the cons of putting these into the database?

thanks.
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by Ted »

What would it take? About 36 seconds. :)

Here's the trick... Just take the contents of smarty_cms_function_bulletmenu and paste it into a user defined tag. So, it would start at

Code: Select all

global $gCms;
and end at

Code: Select all

return $menu;
If it doesn't work, let me know (I didn't actually try it), but I'm PRETTY positive it will.

Enjoy

Return to “Modules/Add-Ons”