Launch CGBlog Entry from one template into another

Have a question or a suggestion about a 3rd party addon module or plugin?
Let us know here.
folco3
Forum Members
Forum Members

Launch CGBlog Entry from one template into another

Post by folco3 »

So I've got a weird situation I've created. Basically I've modified the CGBlog Module into my needs of a "teacher directory". Which has worked out pretty well - see here: http://eleutian.solutionstreamcreative. ... r-teachers

The problem I'm having is searching these. After a name search, I would like to have the full profiles which are really "articles" popup in a modal like they do just browsing them.

I can strip down to just searching the CGBlog Module, the problem is I can really only return a detail view instead of the summary with the articleid, if I set the action="summary" it returns all my stories not just the one id.
{if $entry->module == 'CGBlog'}
{CGBlog action='detail' articleid=$entry->modulerecord detailpage="TeacherDetail" detailtemplate="Search-Result"}
{/if}

So I created another detail template that looks just like the summary view, but the problem is, I would like to use the "more" link launch a detail page of the same story but in a different detail template. Does that even make sense? Is that even possible?
JeremyBASS

Re: Launch CGBlog Entry from one template into another

Post by JeremyBASS »

Did you take a blogs mod and turned it into a user directory?  I think you need to look at FEU and CGUserdirectory... (you don't have to hand passwords out or provide logins if you don't want to...)

here is an example of the same thing you did... but with mods that exist and can be updated...

http://www.digitalbarn.tv/About-us.html

less the ajax popup it's the same thing you have tried to do, but I can update all day long.  I highly suggest a retool....

Also just a heads up... #simplemodal-overlay is not working right in IE... you can check the CSS of the example for the fix... Hope that is somewhat helpful thou I bet it's not what you were wishing to here...

Cheers
Jeremy
folco3
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: Launch CGBlog Entry from one template into another

Post by folco3 »

Interesting, I'll give that a try. thanks

Return to “Modules/Add-Ons”