CGExtensions and Shop Made Simple [SOLVED]

Have a question or a suggestion about a 3rd party addon module or plugin?
Let us know here.
flunky
Forum Members
Forum Members

CGExtensions and Shop Made Simple [SOLVED]

Post by flunky »

Hi all,

I have just started using CMS Made Simple and have a pretty good knowledge of web design, but these two modules are driving me loopy!

CGExtensions
Everytime I install this is it kills the admin section (no CSS) and I am unable to load the modules page (I just get a blank page). I have searched through this forum for a solution, but as of yet haven't found one. Has anyone else had this and did they find a solution?

Shop Made Simple
I have got this installed and it is recognising products, but everytime I click on the product link to load more info it just refreshes the page. I have dontated some cash to Duketown and should hopefully get the manual soon, but in the meantime, does anyone have any suggestions as to why it doesn't seem to want to load?

The link for this is http://www.lancscape.co.uk/cmsmadesimpl ... .php?=shop

The shop will be for registered users only and will have a login form for them to use. (This is stripped out so you can see the shop).

Thanks in advance.
Rob

UPDATE
For all people that are having the same problem as me with Shop Made Simple, I found out that on the server I was required to use for running this website, they had in place some open_basedir rules that made the session_save_path function not work correctly. This was on a plesk server. Installed it on mine (not a plesk) and works perfectly! Two days later and it the server I am using and not the software!

Thanks to Duke Town for the swift reply.
Last edited by flunky on Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Duketown

Re: CGExtensions and Shop Made Simple

Post by Duketown »

Rob,

On SMS:
hyperlink tries to go to detail page. I take it that you have the template fe_product_detail available in the module. Did you make any changes to it?
I have no possibility to check which version you are using from the modules Cart and Shop Made Simple. Have you got other modules installed?

Duketown
flunky
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: CGExtensions and Shop Made Simple

Post by flunky »

Hi Duketown,

I haven't made any changes to the template. However, I can't seem to find any reference to 'fe_product_detail' in any of the template boxes.

UPDATE: I am idiot and didn't think of checking in FTP. Yep, all the files are there.

I have got the latest version of Cart and Shop Made Simple. I also have a host of other modules listed below:

Captcha, CMSMailer, CustomContent, FrontEndUsers, NeoGallery and Thumbnails.

As well as the default modules that are there on installation.

Thanks for your help.
Rob
Last edited by flunky on Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Modules/Add-Ons”