Module: Bookmarks 1.0!

Have a question or a suggestion about a 3rd party addon module or plugin?
Let us know here.
Akrabat

Post by Akrabat »

This module provides a means of displaying bookmarks organised by category. A bookmark can be a member of multiple categories. It also provides for RSS output and a form to allow for user submission of new bookmarks.

I've uploaded it to the wiki at http://wiki.cmsmadesimple.org/pmwiki.ph ... tedModules Note that it's at version 0.9 because I'd like to tidy up the code a bit more before calling it 1.0 (and write a README!)

(update: autolink code was including the fullstop...)
Last edited by Akrabat on Sat Dec 04, 2004 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
heavy
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by heavy »

Found a couple of small bugs:

1. The bookmark summary does not display on the admin page "Manage Bookmarks"
2. Missing help on how to show the summaries to the user. Need summaries="true" in the module definition.

One other thing that is not super obvious is that if you want to display your bookmarks AND the add form for users on the same page, you need to have two module definitions. This is the code I'm using for my page which shows both:

Code: Select all

<p></p>
{cms_module module="bookmarks" columns="3" summaries="true"}
<p></p>
{cms_module module="bookmarks" addform="true"}
Great job!
Look for more CMS help in #cms on Freenode IRC
heavy
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by heavy »

Seems like the columns feature is not working.
I've got mine set to 3 (as posted in the previous post) and I have six categories all with at least one link, and the page is displaying 6 columns.
See here: http://www.mennos.org/cms/index.php?page=12

And one wishlist item:

1. Email notification of new link added for approval.
Look for more CMS help in #cms on Freenode IRC
Akrabat

Post by Akrabat »

Fixed bugs. Will look at email notification.
Akrabat

Post by Akrabat »

Bookmarks and CommonCode are now in svn thanks to wishy!

http://svn.cmsmadesimple.org/modules/
chrisinoz
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by chrisinoz »

Hi Akrabat

Looks like a great feature you have developed. I am fairly new around here. How do I get them to work in our site. I guess I have to downlaod the files but then what?

Thanks

BTW - off topic - my daughter is going to UK next week for her honeymoon - what's the weather looking like for then. (London and Brighton - thanks)

Cheers

Chris
Australia
Humble web designer
Adelaide, South Australia
Akrabat

Post by Akrabat »

chrisinoz wrote:Looks like a great feature you have developed. I am fairly new around here. How do I get them to work in our site. I guess I have to downlaod the files but then what?
Documentation isn't my strong point! Try these steps:
  1. Download both the CommonCode and Bookmarks zip files. unzip them both to your modules directory which will create two new directories, one for each module.
  2. Go to the admin section of CMS made simple and select Plugin Management. Click "install" for both CommonCode and Bookmarks.
  3. Go to the Group Management section and click the permissions button that is on the same row as the admin group. Check the Modify Bookmarks checkbox and press submit.
  4. You can then go to Bookmarks at the bottom to add new categories and bookmarks.
  5. On a content page, you can use {cms_module module=bookmarks} to display your bookmarks.
    [/list:o]
    chrisinoz wrote: BTW - off topic - my daughter is going to UK next week for her honeymoon - what's the weather looking like for then. (London and Brighton - thanks)
    Cold!
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Thanks Rob

That was quick --thought you'd be in bed now - just about to have breakfast here.

I'll give that a try soon.

Chantal just bought a jacket from a ski instructor who has just come back from Switzerland - That has to be warm enough!

Cheers

Chris
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Hey Rob

There were no zips so I just uploaded the files into two folders in Modules called Bookmarks and CommonCode.

Displayed in the PlugIn area and I pressed install and that worked fine. Can read help files.

Creates link to module in side menu but in Group Mangagement/admin there is no checkbox available for Bookmarks. I am using latest 0.73

Cheers

Chris
Akrabat

Post by Akrabat »

When you go to Group Management, you need to click the icon with the padlock on it to get to the permissions page. That should be a long list of check boxes with most checked for the admin group. Make sure that "manage bookmarks" is also checked in that list.
chrisinoz
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by chrisinoz »

Rob

I did that but there was no checkbox for Bookmarks

http://www.esimplified.net/cms/madesimp ... okmark.gif

Cheers

Chris
Humble web designer
Adelaide, South Australia
Akrabat

Post by Akrabat »

Have you clicked "install" in plugin management?
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Modules > 0.9.1 > Installed
Akrabat

Post by Akrabat »

Anonymous wrote:Modules > 0.9.1 > Installed
CommonCode also installed?

What error do you get when you click on the "Bookmarks" menu item?
Akrabat

Post by Akrabat »

I've tested the files on the wiki with a clean install of CMS made simple and I correctly get the permission added to the usergroup permissions page.

I also tested a clean install using the svn versions of CommonCode and Bookmarks and that also worked.

Only thing I can think of trying is to use the plugin manager to uninstall Bookmarks then Common Code and then reinstall Common Code and then Bookmarks.[/url]

Return to “Modules/Add-Ons”