news module.. some questions

Have a question or a suggestion about a 3rd party addon module or plugin?
Let us know here.
levent

news module.. some questions

Post by levent »

hi all,

ok im working on the news module.. it works fine, but i cant find the correct template (does it exists?) for the shown news
to edit the design like fonts etc...

i fount a short part hard coded in News.module.php, but if i edit the file.. there is no effect?! also if i post a new news.. nothing
happens to my changes..

ok my next step.. my first idea was to add to every postet news a comment module.. there is one pre installed.. if i activate it, i cant differ
that every postet news get his own comment part.. (llike a blog)

can anyone help me?

thanks
iNSiPiD

Re: news module.. some questions

Post by iNSiPiD »

levent, there are two default templates. One for summary and one for detail. Click the summary tab in the the news interface to see the code.

You can easily edit these and wrap CSS classes around the injected elements.
iNSiPiD

Post by iNSiPiD »

I have now got my news working really quite well but conflicting (lack of) documentation is making ironing out the bugs a bit tricky.

For example, the Help still shows parameters for moretext and date but it seems that these are totally ignored and everything now comes from the templates.

Wishy, can you confirm this?

I don't mind this as the template system is fine but how do I now go about limiting my summary lengths and auto-adding the previously default "more..." text immediate;y after it?
iNSiPiD

Post by iNSiPiD »

Also (and excuse me for spamming but I ask the questions as the problems arise), the XML makersbutton link for RSS goes to a dud page.

The module code shows this:

Code: Select all

$params = array("showtemplate"=>"false");
			$url = $config['root_url'].'/moduleinterface.php?module=News&id=m222&m222action=rss&m222showtemplate=false&m222returnid='.$gCms->variables['page'];

$text = '<link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="RSS 2.0" href="'.$url.'" />';
So there's an anchor on the button which doesn't work AND a link that gest put into the page head which also seems wrong.

Return to “Modules/Add-Ons”