alternative for FormBuilder?

Have a question or a suggestion about a 3rd party addon module or plugin?
Let us know here.
pbrady
Forum Members
Forum Members

alternative for FormBuilder?

Post by pbrady »

Hi,
I have been playing with formbuilder (a very impressive bit of programming) but am quickly discovering it's a bit of overkill for my purposes. Let me explain ;-) ---- I had several simple forms that I had nicely working Perl scripts that provided the backend logic to the forms.

When I updated my home system to use TinyMCEAdv, I lost the capability to create simple forms and form labels that FCK editor gave me.

Now I find that I am unable to simply create an HTML form and assign it field names and my *own* label names that correspond to the labels used in my Perl scripts. Instead, I am trying to figure out how to do this with FormBuilder and came to the conclusion that FormBuilder is not really something I need for my purposes.

For folks that need the backend logic, yes, it's very cool. But all I want is to create a form with fields and assign my own field labels to them. (Yes, yes...I know I can do it in pure HTML - but I did have this working in WSYWIG before with no issues and would like to again).

Any options that I can use in this case??

Thanks!

-p
kishman155
Translator
Translator

Re: alternative for FormBuilder?

Post by kishman155 »

Hi I have build a module it Called conunication center.
It has the ability to make custom  forms with smarty.

So you probably could build your form with your default editor and put the source
into the smarty template.

It could store sendet formvalues to the data base and export it to xls.
validation true regex  or other is possible

maybe it will fit your needs.
It's a young module and maybe some off the things you need you have to code into it.

the smartytemplate form textarea you could change to WSYWIG-editor.
to modify the view you only have to change the show function it's the same logic as the
contenttype with some modifications.

The way you get it is thru the forge after i get the okay for this module.

regards
kishman155

Return to “Modules/Add-Ons”