Counter module available

Have a question or a suggestion about a 3rd party addon module or plugin?
Let us know here.
perron

Counter module available

Post by perron »

Hi,

I have written my own counter module. Here is the description:

Counter is a module that counts the number of times a page has been visited. The counter is not incremented every time the page is loaded, but it tries to count the actual number of visits. To this end, it remembers the Internet Protocol (IP) addresses of all the machines from which the page has been requested. The IP addresses are stored during 30 minutes. If the page is reloaded from the same machine several times within 30 minutes, the counter is only incremented once. Only after the 30 minutes have elapsed, a request from the same machine will generate a hit again.

If anyone is interested in getting a zip-file or tar-ball of this module, please let me know.
I will also try to submit the code on the wiki.

Best
Etienne
Woudloper

Re: Counter module available

Post by Woudloper »

Looks nice that you have developed a module on your own,  but aren't you re-inventing the wheel :? Because when I visit the User Contributed Modules on the wiki of 'CMS Made Simple' it seems that there is already some kind of 'statistics' module available...
perron

Post by perron »

Hi Woudloper,
thanks for pointing out this fact. I was almost sure that someone had already made such a module. I will check it out and in case the Statistics module is equivalent or better than my Counter module (which seems to be the case), I will not submit it.
Woudloper

Post by Woudloper »

perron wrote: thanks for pointing out this fact. I was almost sure that someone had already made such a module. I will check it out and in case the Statistics module is equivalent or better than my Counter module (which seems to be the case), I will not submit it.
Maybe you can get in contact with the developer of the 'statistics' module and give him (if you have some additional features) your features so the new version of that specific module would also be better (and better)...

Return to “Modules/Add-Ons”