Articles Page

Have a question or a suggestion about a 3rd party addon module or plugin?
Let us know here.
MV

Articles Page

Post by MV »

An article mod/page (if there isn't one yet), where you can create and add articles. Something like e107's article setup. You create an article and it automatically puts it in a categlory that you had created/specify. The articles will be on it's own page (not like a blog), and on the article's homepage, it will have the categlories with the lists of the articles within the categlories.

Another thing to add is putting a portion of the article on the homepage and a link to the rest of the article. (Something e107 doesn't have). Something like the forum posts.

http://www.e107.org/ look at the ariticles for an example as to what I'm talking about.

Make any sense?
Thijs

Articles Page

Post by Thijs »

I think it makes sense, however IMO CMS' main goal is to be a semi static website CMS in which not much emphasis is placed on frontend user interaction. This is also why no frontend login capabilities are (currently) present.

Having said that, if you could write a module to implement this functionality, it would be much appreciated.
Greg
Power Poster
Power Poster

Articles Page

Post by Greg »

I would prefer CMS to remain as a semi static webpage server. That is why I chose it over e107 and LDU. My users find those comprehensive systems that do everything to be to complicated. That is always a problem, as features, modules, plugins are added everything becomes more and more complicated and on the other hand people grow with the application and then want more functionality. :?:
Greg

Return to “Modules/Add-Ons”