Form Builder: table based layout?

Have a question or a suggestion about a 3rd party addon module or plugin?
Let us know here.
RazorMedia

Form Builder: table based layout?

Post by RazorMedia »

Using Form Builder 0.3

I want to use a table based layout for my form, isn´t that supported anymore in Form Builder? I think it used to, but I might be wrong... I think a table based layout for forms is a lot easier to handle than a css based layout.
savagekabbage
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: Form Builder: table based layout?

Post by savagekabbage »

Table based layouts maybe easier to handle than and CSS driven layouts, but they are a thing of the past.  If you REALLY desire table based layouts you can install a previous version of FormBuilder which will include the table based option, or modify the form template.
RazorMedia

Post by RazorMedia »

savagekabbage wrote: Table based layouts maybe easier to handle than and CSS driven layouts, but they are a thing of the past.  If you REALLY desire table based layouts you can install a previous version of FormBuilder which will include the table based option, or modify the form template.
Thanks for our answer. It´s wierd why not to support it when it is obviously easier to handle than a css layout. For instance: with a css layout I have to fix the widths of the labels whereas a table layout would have handled that.
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Post by calguy1000 »

You should be able to copy the template from a previous version of formbuilder and use it.  Which should provide a table.

However, SavageKabbage is correct, it's quite easy to style formbuilder forms with css.

I just gave all of the fields the same css class (field).  then did things like this in my stylesheet:

.formbuilderform .field {
}

.formbuilderform .field label {
}

.formbuilderform .field input {
}

As well, I gave all static text fields the css class 'statictext', and combobox groups the css class 'cbgroup'.
and then styled them similarly. 
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.
savagekabbage
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by savagekabbage »

RazorMedia wrote: Thanks for our answer. It´s wierd why not to support it when it is obviously easier to handle than a css layout. For instance: with a css layout I have to fix the widths of the labels whereas a table layout would have handled that.
I'd say it's similar to cars... Why switch to Fuel Injection when most mechanics could easily work on a Carburetor?
RazorMedia

Post by RazorMedia »

I'd say it's similar to cars... Why switch to Fuel Injection when most mechanics could easily work on a Carburetor?
Please tell me why a css based layout is superior to a table based layout in this case.
Dr.CSS

Post by Dr.CSS »

iirc table layout are hard for disability site readers, ?

Return to “Modules/Add-Ons”