Edit Pure HTML code, untouched by TinyMCE, button on edit page.

Have a question or a suggestion about a 3rd party addon module or plugin?
Let us know here.
Brad

Edit Pure HTML code, untouched by TinyMCE, button on edit page.

Post by Brad »

Hi

Some of you may have read my last post http://forum.cmsmadesimple.org/index.ph ... 301.0.html
So I thought I would post a suggestion in the correct place.

For those that haven't, basically what happened was that I was placeing some HTML code into a content page and I knew it should work, but every time I hit the submit button and refreshed the page in question the code would not work. Then after a few frustation attemps I finally worked out that TinyMCE was changing my code to stick to the W3C standards. Thats perfectly fine under normal circumstances however this time it was making it so that the code would not longer work. I fixed this by renaming TinyMCE.module.php to something else thus disabling TinyMCE.

So my suggestion is to have a nice little toggle ON/OFF button on the edit content page. So that you don't have to fire up an FTP connection and do the renaming your self.

Thanks Brad
Ted
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: Edit Pure HTML code, untouched by TinyMCE, button on edit page.

Post by Ted »

If you go into the User Preferences, you can set your WYSIWYG of choice.  One of the options is none.  :)
Brad

Post by Brad »

Ok thats fine. It is easyer and less time consuming than doing what I was doing before however I still believe that it would be a nice little handy feature to be able to disable the editor on the fly. Surely it wouldn't be that hard, I mean the code is obviuosly already written all it needs is for it to be included in editcontent.php

Thanks Brad
iNSiPiD

Post by iNSiPiD »

Have you tried this Brad? You may find unloading the WYSIWYG once it's loaded is not so easy as it seems.

What I'd love is an option in the WYSIWYG preferences to disable code re-writing. Oh, yes. That would be just luvverly. :)

Return to “Modules/Add-Ons”