[LISE] item URL invalid

Have a question or a suggestion about a 3rd party addon module or plugin?
Let us know here.
Translator
Translator

[LISE] item URL invalid

Post by 10010110 »

For whatever reason I have an entry in a LISE instance where I can’t specify a value unless it’s different from the alias value; everytime I’m trying to save it with a value that is the same as the alias, the message “-- Missing Languagestring: item_url_invalid --” comes up. However, all other items have the same URL as the alias and there are no problems. What’s up with that?

[edit]Actually, apparently it has nothing to do with the alias; I just can’t have a very specific string there. So, the item’s title is “Person A” (just a sample name for privacy reasons) and the alias is “person_a”. The URL field was empty before and I can’t save the entry with “person_a” as URL; it works with anything else, just not with that one specific value. Feels like the database is corrupted in some way?[/edit]
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: [LISE] item URL invalid

Post by DIGI3 »

Without knowing what value you're trying to submit it's hard to test - but I can trigger that error message with any character that's not valid for a url, e.g. "@". Could it perhaps be a character in the name has a particular diacritic or apostrophe or something? It could be that LISE is being too strict with allowable characters.
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options
Translator
Translator

Post by 10010110 »

No, there is no special character in the string. Also, if I export all the entries as CSV, all entries have a value in the URL column except that one entry. The values are all derived from the titles (in this specific case, the names of people); one entry has an “ü”, and it correctly converted it into “ue” in the URL. But the offending one doesn’t even have such a character.

In fact, in the staging environment I have it even works with the string I want, only on production it doesn’t, hmmm… it really feels like database corruption. But doing the CMS’s database repair didn’t help.
Would it hurt if I modified the DB entry for that field directly?

Oh, and one more thing of interest: originally I had the checkbox in the options to hide the URL field checked; I can’t submit the entry in this case. If I uncheck it (i. e. show the URL field) I can submit the entry if the field is empty or has any value other than the title converted to lowercase and with underscores.
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by DIGI3 »

It won't hurt to add it manually to the database (back up first of course).
brambaud

Post by brambaud »

Hello,

I just got this message while trying to update an existing record.
-- Missing Languagestring: item_url_invalid --

I had chosen to hide the element url from the edit view.

By displaying the url of the element again, the error message disappeared and I was able to save the recording.
This looks like a bug.

+++
Benoit

(LISE version : 1.2.2)
French CMSMS websites maker
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by DIGI3 »

I think this has already been fixed in the most recent beta, but you can always file a BR if there isn't one for it already (http://dev.cmsmadesimple.org/bug/list/1345)

Return to “Modules/Add-Ons”