MAMS gives error when saving a user

Have a question or a suggestion about a 3rd party addon module or plugin?
Let us know here.
janvl
Power Poster
Power Poster

MAMS gives error when saving a user

Post by janvl »

Hi

i have a CMSMS 2.2.15 install where i have FEU installed.

This (FEU) has not been used for 7 years.
Now i wanted to make a page with secured content, with FEU this did not function.
I got an error - Unknown column 'salt' in 'field list'

So i decided to install MAMS, imported the FEU users but still got errors, cannot delete id 4 (with only 3 users.)

Then i deleted all (3) users and wanted to add them new.

Now i get this Unknown column 'salt' in 'field list' when i try to add a user.

It seems that in the database there is a problem between FEU and MAMS.

We still run CGCalendar that is important for us, so deleting all "CG-Modules" is not really possible due to dependancies.

BTW export from FEU and import to MAMS did not work either, no user was entered in MAMS.

I hope someone has an idea on how to solve this.

Regards,
Jan
Jo Morg
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: MAMS gives error when saving a user

Post by Jo Morg »

Which version of FEU do you have installed? MAMS assumes FEU is 2.14.3.4, and it won't support FEU 3.x versions which are totally different and buggy. Also older versions than 2.14.3.4 may not have the required data structure for the import.
Typically MAMS importer assumes FEU tables don't have meaningful structural errors, but it may happen. I have seen FEU upgrades going south at some point without giving any info in the process so it's easy to have a buggy FEU installation, particularly if the original install is very old and has gone through many upgrades. Hard to diagnose without hands on.
CGCalendar is being forked right now and there is a beta version expected this weekend and a following 1st release anytime during next week.
If you are willing to kick the tires on the beta version pm me and I'll send you a copy. I'm always looking for testers... and sponsors :).
Anyway give us more info on the versions of the modules and PHP. As I said, probably not easy to diagnose without taking a look.
"There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary... and those who don't."
* by the way: English is NOT my native language (sorry for any mistakes...).
Code of Condut | CMSMS Docs | Help Support CMSMS
My developer Page on the Forge
GeekMoot 2015 in Ghent, Belgium: I was there!
GeekMoot 2016 in Leicester, UK: I was there!
DevMoot 2023 in Cynwyd, Wales: I was there!
janvl
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: MAMS gives error when saving a user

Post by janvl »

Hi,

Thanks Jo Morg
i have FEU 3.2.2.
You do not need to look into this when a replacement for CGCalender is on its way.
I can hardly tell you how gratefull i am, this means goodbye for CG-Modules.

I will see that i PM you, i do want to test and help out and will see that some € will come too.

For now i have used Formbuilder to have the user fill in a password before certain content comes.
That will do for now.

Regards,
Jan

Return to “Modules/Add-Ons”