Moving away from CGBlog

Have a question or a suggestion about a 3rd party addon module or plugin?
Let us know here.
andrewvideouk
Forum Members
Forum Members

Moving away from CGBlog

Post by andrewvideouk »

Hi Amazing CMSMS Fans,

I would like to move away CGblog as it old and not been updated. Its working great with no problems. (9 Blogs) Its there a plan to make a new Blog module? I noticed there is a new SmartImage Module which is a fork from CGSmartImage. (I swap already) ;D

I did look at the optoin maybe use LISE as a blog. Only Question I can use LISE to act in the same was as the blog. For exmple having a Summary then you can click it to see the full blog etc. Plus people are not allow to delete old blogs.

On the site we are using News module and the CGblog.

I am trying to keep the site updated so I am ready for the big update in the future.

I am interested to see what other people are doing with this problems.

Thanks Guys
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Re: Moving away from CGBlog

Post by DIGI3 »

LISE is a decent replacement for CGBlog, it should have all of the features you need but because it's a bit more of a generic tool it won't have "blog ready" templates out of the box. It's easy enough to create your own though. If you use categories it can get a bit more complicated, but it's far easier for other custom fields, sorting, searching, etc.

There's no direct migration tool, so if you need to migrate existing CGBlog articles you'll need to do some work yourself. Rolf has a great tutorial for migrating modules to LISE at https://cmscanbesimple.org/blog/moving- ... nt-to-lise - he doesn't currently have one specifically for CGBlog yet so you can either adapt the CD one, or offer him a coffee or two in exchange for writing one.
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options
andrewvideouk
Forum Members
Forum Members

Re: Moving away from CGBlog (Soved)

Post by andrewvideouk »

Thank you, I well go down the LISE route. Categories I don't really need it at mo. I wait until that guy does a how to.
JamesT
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by JamesT »

I made the switch from CGBlog to LISE, it worked out well for me. I never knew about LISE before but it's very powerful.
andrewvideouk
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by andrewvideouk »

Hi James,

how did you get on with using the Categories in LISE?
JamesT
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by JamesT »

Hi, I didn't use categories in CGBlog so luckily that was not an issue for me.
andrewvideouk
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by andrewvideouk »

Same here. Hope I don't need it later. I was thinking ahead loll.
DIGI3
Dev Team Member
Dev Team Member

Post by DIGI3 »

My comment about them being a bit complicated was in reference to the migration from CGBlog. They're easy enough to add and use later, it just requires a few extra steps if you want to automate the CGBlog category migration to LISE.
Not getting the answer you need? CMSMS support options
andrewvideouk
Forum Members
Forum Members

Post by andrewvideouk »

I just did a manual copy and paste all the blogs over. I had only 6-8 blogs. Its a very new site. I need to do a bit of reading and try understand how categories work in LISE. Its hard when I have dyslexia. I am surprised I made a working website. But I couldnt do it with out you guys on here. Its very appreciated and big thank you.

Return to “Modules/Add-Ons”