[SOLVED]Products Module - Additional Item Information Fields

Have a question or a suggestion about a 3rd party addon module or plugin?
Let us know here.
montedavis
Forum Members
Forum Members

[SOLVED]Products Module - Additional Item Information Fields

Post by montedavis »

Hello,

I'm working with the products module. I have many categories and many field definitions. I like the way I can add additional product information by adding new fields but I'd like to know if there is a way to add additional item information that would display on the "item information" tab field input area? For example I have a need for creating a unique "meta description" entry that would display in the head of the page. I could use the current "details" textarea input but I'd like the flexibility to use something different that the "details" textarea input. I also like to create an "ALT" tag text input that would display on the "item information" display page, I'm trying to keep the item information that is not field/table specific outside of the "fields" section. I did create an "SEO Meta Description" "field" that I can use from the fields section but this field item then shows in the {search} returned results, so that the end user then sees a long list of field defs to search by and also sees the "SEO Meta Description" field that they can search by which may be confusing to them. Maybe there is a way to filter which field types are returned in the {Search} tag?

CMS Made Simple Install Information
CMSMS Version 2.2.5

Installed Modules
AdminSearch 1.0.4
CGExtensions 1.61
CGSimpleSmarty 2.1.8
CMSContentManager 1.1.6
CMSMailer 6.2.14
CmsJobManager 0.1.2
DesignManager 1.1.4
FileManager 1.6.5
FilePicker 1.0.2
Gallery 2.3.2
JQueryTools 1.4.0.3
MenuManager 1.50.3
MicroTiny 2.2.2
ModuleManager 2.1.3
Navigator 1.0.8
News 2.51.3
Products 2.28.4
Search 1.51.2
TinyMCE 3.2-beta3
Last edited by montedavis on Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
montedavis
Forum Members
Forum Members

[SOLVED]Re: Products Module - Additional Item Information Fi

Post by montedavis »

I figured out that I can create new fields for the "meta description" entry and the "ALT" tag entry and then check the box for "*Is this a public field?:" on the new/edit field definition page. The "*Is this a public field?:" checkbox filters the field info from the {search} displayed fields on the front end but does not filter the field def entry from the table data returned in the product template area....which is what I original thought the checkbox was for.

Return to “Modules/Add-Ons”