Using DKIM with cms_mailer-class

Talk about writing modules and plugins for CMS Made Simple, or about specific core functionality. This board is for PHP programmers that are contributing to CMSMS not for site developers
Freud
Forum Members
Forum Members

Using DKIM with cms_mailer-class

Post by Freud »

To prevent emails send from my website will be seen as spam, I would like to add a DKIM-header to the mails send with the cms_mailer-class. To do that I have to pass a few variables to the PHPMailer-class: DKIM_selector, DKIM_identity, DKIM_passphrase, DKIM_domain and DKIM_private.
The PHPMailer-class is ready for it, but the cms_mailer-class is not.
Is there a way to pass the variables to the PHPMailer-class other than to add them directly to the file lib/phpmailer/class.phpmailer.php?
Is it an idea to add the variables to the global mailsettings in the future?

I use CMSMS 2.1.6
calguy1000
Support Guru
Support Guru

Re: Using DKIM with cms_mailer-class

Post by calguy1000 »

Is it an idea to add the variables to the global mailsettings in the future?
I have recently just rebuilt the CMSMS server, including postfix and DKIM support. After doing considerable research wrt DKIM I have determined that:

a: adding DKIM support to CMSMS would not be an 80% feature (most users wouldn't even know what it is, and how to use it).
b: Because of the necessity of modifying the DNS entries anyway (with the key information so that signatures can be validated; the signature mechanism is best left at the MTA level rather than at the application level.
Follow me on twitter
Please post system information from "Extensions >> System Information" (there is a bbcode option) on all posts asking for assistance.
--------------------
If you can't bother explaining your problem well, you shouldn't expect much in the way of assistance.

Return to “Developers Discussion”