Register content plugins when creating a content module

Talk about writing modules and plugins for CMS Made Simple, or about specific core functionality. This board is for PHP programmers that are contributing to CMSMS not for site developers
Guido
Forum Members
Forum Members

Register content plugins when creating a content module

Post by Guido »

Vague title, I know. But what I mean is this:

When you create a normal content module, that keeps track of items, could I, in the same module register a plugin that can be used in a template to create a content block in the backend page editor screen?

In my case, I want to make a module named 'dishes' that can be used to keep track of dishes (I know, could use LISE for this but I want to be able to re-order items within categories and filter by showing only these categories) and give the user a block with a drag 'n drop sortable list based on the categories. Final use would be one module where you can keep track of dishes, show only a certain category and re-order within this category and then, allow a content plugin in the menu-page template to create a content block where the menu categories can be selected from 'all available' and sorted for this specific page.

Return to “Developers Discussion”