[SOLVED] Where to go to train on UDT development for CMSMS

Talk about writing modules and plugins for CMS Made Simple, or about specific core functionality. This board is for PHP programmers that are contributing to CMSMS not for site developers
blackhawk
Power Poster
Power Poster

[SOLVED] Where to go to train on UDT development for CMSMS

Post by blackhawk »

I am coming from a JavaScript background and would like to dive deep into examples of using proper classes, methods and properties for small code "snippet" development in UDT's.

(ie. what are the basics that every developer should be following when creating a custom UDT? What functions and properties are great to use and what are examples set in place to using them? What should we be initiating our UDT code with? How do I view data from a built-in CMSMS class and print it out?)

I just don't want to make it my plan to copy someone else's code, before getting some training on how data should be pushed or pulled via UDT's. Outside of it working, I wouldn't know if that code was a standard, advanced, or an outdated practice.

I want to wrap my mind around development in this area when I am (i.e.) trying to access database values for the news module, or creating an associative array with static content from scratch to manipulate, or pushing new data back into a database table.

Thanks for any training resource advice
Last edited by blackhawk on Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rolf
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: Where to go to train on UDT development for CMSMS

Post by Rolf »

Read http://docs.cmsmadesimple.org/tags/user ... ting-a-udt and you can also learn from code in existing tags in the Forge
- + - + - + - + - + - + -
LATEST TUTORIAL AT CMS CAN BE SIMPLE:
Migrating Company Directory module to LISE
- + - + - + - + - + - + -
blackhawk
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: Where to go to train on UDT development for CMSMS

Post by blackhawk »

Thank you Rolf!
Code from existing tags in the forge and also in the plugin directory for the cmsms packages is where I will begin my journey. Thank you for that insight!

Return to “Developers Discussion”